Gold/red barred chick breed?

Muscovy Wunda

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Central West NSW Australia
The breeder owns plymouth rocks, splash wyandotte, siler laced wyandotte, partridge wyandotte, australorps, silver laced barnevelders, silver spangled hamburgs and isa browns. I had a family member pick up a mixed box for me and while I can pick the wyandottes, hamburg and plymouth, this ones thrown me because it appears barred. Could it be a partridge but just different pattern? Is it purebred?
20201006_083741_capture.jpg
20201006_083756.jpg
20201006_083730.jpg

She's a partridge wyandotte. Partridge feathering starts that way and will turn into the laced partridge as the chick gets older.
Very good thank you. I only questioned it because the feather pattern was so similar to the plymouth and I thought it would have been more like the laced wyandottes pattern. Very excited to watch her grow now, the partridges are beautiful!

Very good thank you. I only questioned it because the feather pattern was so similar to the plymouth

The gene that causes white barring on the Barred Plymouth Rocks can also cause white barring on any other color of feathers (like crele chickens), but it cannot cause red/black barring like that.

Back
Top Bottom