Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Maybe good meat and eggs choice for people living in the Philippines??

Does anyone know what makes up a freedom ranger?

Last edited:
100+ BIRDS ON THE WAY TO MANILA

EPHRAEM xxxxx (MNL)
DASMARINAS CITY
CAVITE
+63908718xxxx
1 BOX
20 CHICKS 3 WEEKS OLD

ROBERT xxxx (MNL)
SILANG
CAVITE
0929276xxxx
2 BOXES
52 DAY OLD CHICKS

RICHARD xxxxxxxxxxx (MNL)
CALAMBA
LAGUNA
0917825xxxx
1 BOX
34 DAY OLD CHICKS

Living a life half a world apart from my kids can be really tough. We are still looking at Christmas at the earliest to get them here.

We try and skype as often as we can. Live interaction is very important. If we cant skype, we leave voice messages on whatsapp.

Inday and the kids spent the weekend at a resort in Dumaguete. Last night's voice messages were filled with thanks and joy.

I love the way my wife has insisted on the kids being courteous. Laying down ground rules is so impoertant. Eventually these form habits that become second nature. Of course, they will test limits untill they leave home, but i think its so much easier when they have a good understanding of where the limit is.

thumbsup.gif

Sorry off topic, I figured this group would understand. I knew it would happen but in three years of raising, breeding and keeping chickens, I've never had to put one down. Yesterday was my first. I gave her a week in a separate sick cage and medicated to the best of my ability. She seemed to have egg peritious? Spelling. And she was losing weight so fast I felt she was suffering. I think of them as livestock not pets but this one was my first hatched here and she had a name. She was second in command to my rooster and one of the wife's favorites. I had to do it but it still felt wrong. Oddly enough we have a since of peace now that she's not hurting anymore. Sorry for venting but none of my local friends would understand.

Back
Top Bottom