Getting into selling hatching eggs as a newbie

NewJourney

Chirping
Jul 4, 2023
Pahrump, NV
I am starting to raise chickens and ducks and would like your advice. I would like to start selling hatching eggs once my layers and rooster(s)/drake(s) are old enough and I've successfully incubated some of their eggs myself.
  • Is Ebay a good way to start? I have an account but never sold poultry-related items. I have no feedback left as a seller.
  • Should I try a different site? If so, which one(s) do you recommend?
  • Which breeds of hatching eggs do you notice are popular? The only chicken breed I currently have that would reproduce true to breed is Salmon Faverolle. I have some Sapphire Gems but I know they don't reproduce true to breed. The duck breed I own is Khaki Campbell but am likely going to get at least one more breed. I'm heavily considering Welsh Harlequin.
If you know of any YouTube videos which answer these questions feel free to link them. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

Ebay is fine. Do your part and package them very well and try to ship extras. Like a dozed ship 14 or 16. I'd also advise if you ship in the summer suggest to the buyer to immediately put them in an incubator or undera hen so that if the embryo started developing in transit due to heat they won't be killed by setting them in the air conditioning to "rest". No need for npip that's a joke. Good luck. Also don't write anything on the box indicating what's inside. People can be mean and will shake throw or whatever just cause that's how people are

Back
Top Bottom