Gendering help

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
OK I still can't figure out this sexing thing. My gang is about 10-11 weeks old. I read the sticky post but I still have no clue and need some help please. The following video is four of my six. The other two are disabled babies and I'm not sure their voice is fully developed given the issues or maybe this is just how they will be. We obviously need to figure out who is who as they are straight run and don't want too many drakes. Thanks much!

All 4 sound like males to me at this point but I could be wrong. It’s much easier when there’s an obvious difference amongst them.

ETA: I know it’s early but have you noticed any drake feathers starting?

ETA (again) oh my goodness I listened to the video outside and they do all sound like females not males. I wonder if it was like that yanny vs laurel viral video years ago 🙈 now I need to get my hearing checked 😳

Last edited:
Hoping this will load as it's only 11 seconds @DuckyDonna @Miss Lydia

I couldn't get "big guy" to make noise while I had him but I'm pretty sure he's a he. No really sounds from him really. Raspy breathing noises that if you're not nearby, you couldn't hear while everyone else seems to be loud and quacky...you can hear a mile away 🤣 And he does have a curled up tail but it was tu ked down while I was trying to video as he can't stand on his own right now. Working on that :)

Back
Top Bottom