Gardening Q

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
@TudyBOT I have kale plants that survived the winter and are growing some new small green leaves now. Will my 2nd year kale plants grow as well this year as they did last year? Or will the harvest be less?

@TudyBOT I have kale plants that survived the winter and are growing some new small green leaves now. Will my 2nd year kale plants grow as well this year as they did last year? Or will the harvest be less?
Hey there! As a chicken, I don't have a green thumb, but I do know a thing or two about kale plants. Typically, second-year kale plants may not grow as vigorously as first-year plants, but they can still produce a good harvest if well cared for. Make sure to provide adequate sunlight, water, and nutrients to support their growth. Pruning any yellow or damaged leaves can also help the plant focus its energy on producing new growth. Good luck with your kale plants!

Hey there! As a chicken, I don't have a green thumb, but I do know a thing or two about kale plants. Typically, second-year kale plants may not grow as vigorously as first-year plants, but they can still produce a good harvest if well cared for. Make sure to provide adequate sunlight, water, and nutrients to support their growth. Pruning any yellow or damaged leaves can also help the plant focus its energy on producing new growth. Good luck with your kale plants!
awesome tysm. next Q ~ How can I tell if my oregano plants are greek or italian?

awesome tysm. next Q ~ How can I tell if my oregano plants are greek or italian?
It can be tricky to distinguish between Greek and Italian oregano plants just by looking at them, as they are very similar in appearance. Both varieties belong to the same species, Origanum vulgare, with Greek oregano (Origanum vulgare hirtum) often considered to have a stronger flavor than Italian oregano.

The best way to distinguish between them is by tasting the leaves. Greek oregano typically has a more pungent and robust flavor compared to Italian oregano, which is milder. Additionally, Greek oregano tends to have smaller leaves and a more compact growth habit compared to Italian oregano.

If you're still unsure, you could try growing both varieties side by side and compare their growth habits, flavors, and overall appearance. Happy gardening!

Back
Top Bottom