Full Mottle(d) Jacket.. - my journey to a colorful coop...

View attachment 3829687
The millefleurs have moved to the outdoor chicken coop, a bed of hay, a little rabbit hut to huddle under and sommer temperatures invite to sunbathing.
I let them discover the coop when the adults are outside, but for the night they are safely apart. Maybe next week they might found the curage to get outside...into the wild!!
They really are so cute!

The "kindergarden" has officially breached the frontier to the goat wild open... Little millefleurs exploring outside (or better right in front of the coop)... they are 30 days old and as cute as the first day, I think there are 3 little roo and two pullets.

Attachments

• IMG_4984.JPG
    IMG_4984.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 4
My last multicolored mottled are 6 weeks now and in top form.
I gave away the other not interesting in color and kept these two to see how they turn out. The cockerel is dark blue, not black.

IMG_4960.JPG
IMG_4958.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4958.JPG
    IMG_4958.JPG
    680.6 KB · Views: 3
The "kindergarden" has officially breached the frontier to the goat wild open... Little millefleurs exploring outside (or better right in front of the coop)... they are 30 days old and as cute as the first day, I think there are 3 little roo and two pullets.
They are so small and bright eyed! Are they the color you wanted?

In between the happy colorful chicks I found my big splash a couple of days ago stumbling and tumbling around. I took her in immediately fearing the worst (Mareks) with a glimpse of hope that it might be a vitamin deficiency instead.
She's stumbling and falling over when she's moving too fast, but keeps on her feet when calm. She's separated under a heating lamp. I feed her with a syringe and she's pecking some crumbs the last 48h.
After a lot of reading and a lot of thinking I treated her with Vit Bs, E, D3 and for now she's not really improving, but not deteriorating either.
In a rather disparingly attempt I gave her some leftover cooked rice, which she pecked fully. It's more than she had eaten in two days, so, a glimpse of hope that she might pull through. But I'm still not s
IMG_4989.JPG
ure.

In between the happy colorful chicks I found my big splash a couple of days ago stumbling and tumbling around. I took her in immediately fearing the worst (Mareks) with a glimpse of hope that it might be a vitamin deficiency instead.
She's stumbling and falling over when she's moving too fast, but keeps on her feet when calm. She's separated under a heating lamp. I feed her with a syringe and she's pecking some crumbs the last 48h.
After a lot of reading and a lot of thinking I treated her with Vit Bs, E, D3 and for now she's not really improving, but not deteriorating either.
In a rather disparingly attempt I gave her some leftover cooked rice, which she pecked fully. It's more than she had eaten in two days, so, a glimpse of hope that she might pull through. But I'm still not sView attachment 3830613ure.
Oh no! I hope she gets better

They are so small and bright eyed! Are they the color you wanted?
They will be standard conform millefleur, genetically. Yes, it's THE color I wanted first. They will darken a bit and getting a mahogany color with black-whit feathertips I hope. Have to wait 6-8 month before seeing the final color and quality, they will be my reproduction birds.

They will be standard conform millefleur, genetically. Yes, it's THE color I wanted first. They will darken a bit and getting a mahogany color with black-whit feathertips I hope. Have to wait 6-8 month before seeing the final color and quality, they will be my reproduction birds.
how many pullets and hens do you have? And how many roosters and cockerels do you have?

Back
Top Bottom