Frustration with the serf system oppression

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So this is just a rant and to get feedback on what I can do.

I came home the other day to family telling me the animal control came by. Some Karen in the neighborhood complained that our yard was full of barking noisy dogs and that our ducks also make noise. They had told the family while I was out that I had a week to get rid of all the ducks and rabbits.

Its really frustrating that this happened.

First off the complaint is bogus. We do have a lot of ducks but they don't make any noise. They are seriously quiet and people had often asked recently if we'd gotten rid of them. Lots of neighbors had asked if they could come see them. And all the immediate neighbors liked them; one neighbor's son in another town also has ducks.

The worst part of the complaint is that we don't even have dogs. Its the neighbor next to us that has a kennel license. And we'd told the animal control guy that and he still came down on us.

I feel like this makes the complaint not genuine. Its got fictitious and wrong parts about why they were asked to come out. If someone else has the dogs, and yes the neighbors dogs do bark a lot, everyone in the neighborhood knows it. But they aren't OUR dogs. I don't even like dogs for this reason.

It should be in the law that you are supposed to stay on track with the complaint and not just roam to anything you can find that you can go after. This is because doing so creates collateral damage.

But they still came down on us.

The other problem with the complaint is that on the same day my brother who lives 2 towns over also got a visit from the animal control on the same day. And that's extremely weird. It also makes them look punitive. Why are they ganging up?

I think I understand now why people want to defund police.

Why don't they go after meth labs and real criminals instead?

This is all also right when all the farms in America are in trouble. Just this week the JBS shut down also occurred; the largest meat supplier in the world, arguably.

First of all it was most likely code enforcement that came to your house, not the police. Unfortunately it is their job to look around for any code infractions. Did they give the family some sort of ticket you can refer to? Either you are allowed to have ducks and rabbits or not. Or as Kiki mentioned maybe you just have over the limit? I don't see how they could force you to get rid of your animals just because of one noise complaint. You'll need to find out what the violations supposedly are first before you can properly address the situation. Call and talk to them.

That sucks, I am sorry.

Are you not allowed to have ducks period or do you just have too many?
You can have ducks if you are over 1/2 an acre...and up to 8, which is pretty silly. You don't need a half an acre for ducks. The city does let you have chickens also, but no roosters. Chickens are anything over 5,000 square foot lots or something like that.

But the rules are outdated. Who needs 1/2 an acre just to have the right to have ducks? They don't need that much space.

Now if it were geese I could understand the noise. Those really do make noise.

But I've been surprised how quiet ducks are if you feed them on time.

came home the other day to family telling me the animal control came by. Some Karen in the neighborhood complained that our yard was full of barking noisy dogs and that our ducks also make noise. They had told the family while I was out that I had a week to get rid of all the ducks and rabbits.
You really need/should have that in writing from Animal Control or Codes Enforcement. It just does not sound right that they would tell the neighbor to tell you.

I found a copy of "notice of code violation" online for a house "harboring a rooster" in my county. It was mailed certified and respondents were given close to 30 days for corrective action..

You really need/should have that in writing from Animal Control or Codes Enforcement. It just does not sound right that they would tell the neighbor to tell you.

I found a copy of "notice of code violation" online for a house "harboring a rooster" in my county. It was mailed certified and respondents were given close to 30 days for corrective action..
Are the fines for these kinds of things very much?

Thanks.

30 days would be nice.

You can have ducks if you are over 1/2 an acre...and up to 8, which is pretty silly. You don't need a half an acre for ducks. The city does let you have chickens also, but no roosters. Chickens are anything over 5,000 square foot lots or something like that.

But the rules are outdated. Who needs 1/2 an acre just to have the right to have ducks? They don't need that much space.

Now if it were geese I could understand the noise. Those really do make noise.

But I've been surprised how quiet ducks are if you feed them on time.
So . . . do you have over half an acre? and how many ducks do you have? If you are not in violation, you probably can ignore the notice. If you are in violation you will have to go to city council meetings to get the codes changed. But, since your brother also got visited, it is starting to sound like harassment. Somebody knows somebody, and this is why lawyers get rich.

If the brother lives in the same county it's likely that they've just decided to crack down and everyone with code violations is being put on notice. They did something similar here a few years back, actually driving around and actively seeking out infractions instead of waiting for complaints.

Back
Top Bottom