Free RARE rooster chicks - Eastern PA

duececoop

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,

I know it's a long shot, but we have some FREE beautiful 6-week & 2-week old rooster chicks from our first & second hatching ever from our flock. They are an assortment of rare breeds from Murray McMurray several years ago.
  • The father is a very docile & nice Dominique dominiques and one is a pure breed exactly like his dad
  • Others are Speckled Sussex cross: speckled_sussex
  • and a Buff Laced Polish cross: buff_laced_polish and a silver polish cross
Happy to provide any more detail or pics - located in Lehigh Valley and could meet you at any reasonable distance if you want to home any one of them :)

Example picture below: we have 17 total hatched and a there are some clear males already and some more that we are still figuring out...
Chicks.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed - unusual is better. Only going by their descriptions...
Thanks for the suggestion, Going to try CL, FBM, and a post at Tractor Supply

BTW - Those are the known male crosses in the mix. Also, have pairs of:
Blue Andalusian
Silver Phoenix
Lakenvelder
Golden Polish
White-crested Black Polish

it's an eclectic bunch 😉

Last edited:
Are any breeds actually rare? I've had everything imaginable show up on my local CL and I live in the middle of nowhere
Liege fighter, I think greenfire farms brought them from Belgium a few years ago. Liege is the city they are from in Belgium. Only a handful of breeders selling them online in the US.

Dominique cockerel and Dominque crosses?
Yes - only male is Dominique

Have Dominque hens as well as hen pairs from all those above.

This is our first attempt at this as and we were somewhat selective on getting known eggs to incubate.

Learned a lot on here reading over the years but not posting. Have had many of the more common breeds over the last 12Y focusing on temperament & egg laying :)

Back
Top Bottom