FREE chicks in DC Metro from 4-H Embryology Program

Alx4-H

Hatching
Mar 15, 2023
Hi!

The City of Alexandria 4-H in Virginia, next door to DC, is looking for people to take free, hatched chicks. For the past few years, we have been doing embryology in the public schools, which is where the classrooms incubate eggs and watch them hatch. This is used to teach youth about biology and agriculture. These youth are not exposed to much agriculture since this is a heavily urban area and a big reason why the program is dearly loved by both teachers and students.

However, the chicks cannot stay in Alexandria City and this is our biggest obstacle every year. I am looking for one or a few people that would like to take the chicks. Right now we have not decided if we are getting layers or broilers (it will depend on price and availability). You would have to come pick them up in the city or I could possibly deliver them to you if you take all of them and based on your location. Right now we are projecting up to 120 eggs being incubated. These chicks are free to a good home.

If you are seriously interested in taking them, please contact Sharon via a PM.

Have a good day!

Hi!

The City of Alexandria 4-H in Virginia, next door to DC, is looking for people to take free, hatched chicks. For the past few years, we have been doing embryology in the public schools, which is where the classrooms incubate eggs and watch them hatch. This is used to teach youth about biology and agriculture. These youth are not exposed to much agriculture since this is a heavily urban area and a big reason why the program is dearly loved by both teachers and students.

However, the chicks cannot stay in Alexandria City and this is our biggest obstacle every year. I am looking for one or a few people that would like to take the chicks. Right now we have not decided if we are getting layers or broilers (it will depend on price and availability). You would have to come pick them up in the city or I could possibly deliver them to you if you take all of them and based on your location. Right now we are projecting up to 120 eggs being incubated. These chicks are free to a good home.

Have a good day!
Could you ship them? I’d be willing to pay packaging/shipping. Idk how hatcheries do it or if you could even mail chicks. 🤷‍♀️ my dad just wants to start his own flock. We are in Michigan.

Hi!

Have a good day!
Hi hopefully I'm not too late but I'm interested in some chicks for sure and am located in Vienna, VA. I'm not sure which Sharon to PM. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom