Fragile Eggs Shells, will Ca suppliment help?

You can get D3 liquid from any vitamin store or amzon. I give a 1/2 ml a day. Hold her on your lap Pull down her waddles to open her mouth and just push the pill down the back of her throat. She'll swallow it. I suspect my Annie was getting depleted of nutrients. AVC in water to help absorb calcium too.
Thanks Ponie!
I do add ACV to their water already. Will look into the D3 and Calcium. Will definitely only do them for a boost, not longterm.
thanks everyone!
-Jerie

Ponie-
Thank you!!!! I think the Vit D may have been the issue!

I take a Calcium with Vit D pill every morning - so I cut off a bit- about 1/10th of the pill and added water then soaked bits of bread in it. I've given this to Henrietta for the past 5 days. Today she laid a beautiful egg! Shiny (no longer chalky) and no bumps. Can't wait till I need an egg to see if the shell is as hard as I think it is!

-Jerie

Jerie,

So sorry I didn't see this post sooner. So happy to hear she's doing better! Keep me posted

Ponie

Jerie,

So sorry I didn't see this post sooner. So happy to hear she's doing better! Keep me posted

Ponie
Shells look nice- smooth, a bit shiny - but still pretty thin. She hasn't broken any in awhile- so I think they are slowly getting stronger. Henrietta loves her special break every morning!

Just a bit more info for you that helped Annie a lot . I started her on Big ole Bird probiotics. It's been night and day. Like we said D3 and calcium is s short term boost. You might like to try it. She has been laying perfect eggs. You can buy it on amazon. Also there customer service is awesome in answering any questions.

I started her off with 1/2 cc once a day for 5 days. ( you can squirt it on scrambled eggs with her eggs shells too mixed in it for calcium) Now I just put it in the water for the whole flock. It's makes the water look like ice tea so don't freak out lol. But my birds drink it with no problem.

Ponie-
Sorry- I took so long to get back! I have been using Big ole Bird in their water for 3 cycles of 3 days on, 2 weeks off as per the package. BUT - they will often drink out of the dog water bowl rather than the water in their run. Thank you for the details on how to give it on food. I will continue in the water - but giving Henrietta a boost with special scrambled eggs is a great idea.
-Jerie

Jeri
Sounds like your doing everything you can for your Henrietta! She's going to love the scrambled eggs. Isn't funny how ,if they had a choice, would choose any other water source than the one we provide for them . Silly chickensAll the best
Ponie

Jeri
Sounds like your doing everything you can for your Henrietta! She's going to love the scrambled eggs. Isn't funny how ,if they had a choice, would choose any other water source than the one we provide for them . Silly chickensAll the best
Ponie
Poni-
I have been dropping some Big Ole Bird on some bread for the past few days- her egg looked fantastic this morning! Thanks for that suggestion!
-Jerie

Back
Top Bottom