Found hen dead with blood in nostrils

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
As I said, I found one 9f our healthiest, biggest brahma hens dead. Upon inspection I found blood on her beak, coming from her nose. She was just fine about half an hour before discovery. No loss of weight or appetite. No sneezing, wheezing, coughing, lethargy, or anything.

One of my chicks had this happen and I was unlucky enough to watch it happen but it was when my dog accidentally kicked a rock in her direction and it hit her head and she walked for about 5 seconds before toppling over and dying. ☹️
So I think it could be blood forced trauma

One of my chicks had this happen and I was unlucky enough to watch it happen but it was when my dog accidentally kicked a rock in her direction and it hit her head and she walked for about 5 seconds before toppling over and dying. ☹️
She was found in the coop, though some sort of internal injury isn't out of the question.

She was found in the coop, though some sort of internal injury isn't out of the question.
Yeah, it definitely could be internal injury. It could’ve also been heat stroke because that can cause a nose bleed due to high blood pressure. What was the temperature?

Back
Top Bottom