Folks who have animal responsibility dumped on them, how ya do it?

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
Hi chat, once again I’m back with a question bc aint I always.
im currently in my last few years of high school but I also had the responsibility of 11, possiblly 12 animals ontop of my homework and online classes n get in trouble if I don’t take care of them all.
I know people have way more than that dumped on them, how do you do it?
I can sometimes balance it, sometimes can’t. Like rn, so I’m just curious is all!

Hi chat, once again I’m back with a question bc aint I always.
im currently in my last few years of high school but I also had the responsibility of 11, possiblly 12 animals ontop of my homework and online classes n get in trouble if I don’t take care of them all.
I know people have way more than that dumped on them, how do you do it?
I can sometimes balance it, sometimes can’t. Like rn, so I’m just curious is all!
What kind of animals? Getting up early is what I usually do if I have extra animal stuff to get done before school.

What kind of animals? Getting up early is what I usually do if I have extra animal stuff to get done before school.
What are the animals? Are they all pets or like livestock or something?
3 dogs, 4 cats, 2 stubborn goats, 2 ducks and one rooster
one of those four cats stay in my room bc they’re a kitten while the others come n go

one of those four cats stay in my room bc they’re a kitten while the others come n go
What exactly are you having trouble with with them?
If you're struggling to keep up with would probably be a good idea to rehome to good homes. Especially the rooster, I'm sure he's lonely. You'd be amazed how much of a difference it makes cutting back even just a little.

We have 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 parrots, and a bunch of chickens in two different places.

I'd say the dogs and cats are the easiest as you just fill their bowl once a day and make sure they have water. I put the food in a plastic Tupperware-like cereal container so it's easy to pour. See if you could move the dishes and the bags of food to a different place where it's easier for you. You'd be done with 7 pets quickly, and have the goats, ducks, and rooster to go. The goats, no idea. The ducks and rooster I presume have their own feed, so again, maybe put it in plastic containers to make it easier for you.

What exactly are you having trouble with with them?
If you're struggling to keep up with would probably be a good idea to rehome to good homes. Especially the rooster, I'm sure he's lonely. You'd be amazed how much of a difference it makes cutting back even just a little.
I could rehome the rooster to make room. Just wanted to know how everyone balances their animals to see what I could use n what not n how to balance everything evenly

We have 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 parrots, and a bunch of chickens in two different places.

I'd say the dogs and cats are the easiest as you just fill their bowl once a day and make sure they have water. I put the food in a plastic Tupperware-like cereal container so it's easy to pour. See if you could move the dishes and the bags of food to a different place where it's easier for you. You'd be done with 7 pets quickly, and have the goats, ducks, and rooster to go. The goats, no idea. The ducks and rooster I presume have their own feed, so again, maybe put it in plastic containers to make it easier for you.
The cats and dogs are usually easy although the dogs do not behave nor listen and bark nonstop at people. I’m considering getting another No bark buzz collar bc the last one didn’t work. I do not plan on a shock collar though
The ducks are easy sometimes bc I just have to take them up to the delta then feed them after, hard part is sometimes I forget to either take them home or take them up there :’)
The goats go out to field/pasture, n come in 5-6PM though with their ramming I do come back with bruised knees n legs.
Which is why it’s sometimes easy n sometimes not

The cats and dogs are usually easy although the dogs do not behave nor listen and bark nonstop at people. I’m considering getting another No bark buzz collar bc the last one didn’t work. I do not plan on a shock collar though
The ducks are easy sometimes bc I just have to take them up to the delta then feed them after, hard part is sometimes I forget to either take them home or take them up there :’)
The goats go out to field/pasture, n come in 5-6PM though with their ramming I do come back with bruised knees n legs.
Which is why it’s sometimes easy n sometimes not
I don't know what you can do about those three dogs that won't listen and won't behave. There's a lot of stress I'm sure too. If you could teach them a few manners that would help. Could you get them all into a dog training class or find someone in school who is good at it that could help you?

Back
Top Bottom