Just checked the babies on the camera, they are getting big now, and they must be warm they are spread out and not under the brooder.

They will be 4 week old Sunday. Wow time sure flies!

View attachment 3834593

And tonight when I bought them all back inside for their headcount i missed Betty - when I opened the barn door there she was frantic because she was out alone! She is always going off on her own and not staying with the group, maybe now she will stay closer. Also time for me to trim her hair I guess.

View attachment 3834595View attachment 3834596

Also her eggs are not getting any bigger - they are way smaller than the silkies eggs even.
Why does a girl need to lay big eggs, when she's so stylish?

Wednesday was spa day
20240515_133959.jpg
Daisy taking a sunbath, Lark having a feather straightener, and Pear having a dust bath.

20240515_134603.jpg
Nellie and Cuckoo joined in on the sun and Whiskey stood guard. This led to...
20240515_135042.jpg
Tuff attempting to show Pear he's a good boy. She wasn't impressed.
20240515_134957.jpg
Neither was the wind.

Tails did get displayed
20240515_135022.jpg
Mera...

20240515_134833.jpg
Cardhu...

20240515_135638.jpg
And Blanche flaring that classic leghorn tail as she started to settle all her white and splash glory back in place.

The grieving process takes time. The chickens are my family. The bottom line is that they are all I have. Losing Sir Jaffar was terrible, but then Hen-Rietta? I kinda lost my mind when I put my bid in for the property next door. But what is done is done. Iā€™m really not sure what I want to do with it, except for the rule ā€œ no animals on that property without strict rules and conditions ā€œ

The grieving process takes time. The chickens are my family. The bottom line is that they are all I have.
:eek: All you have, excuse me :old Then what about us young man. Really, you know how to get an old ladies back up don't you. :duc That's it you're grounded. No old cowboy films for you until further notice :smack
Losing Sir Jaffar was terrible, but then Hen-Rietta? I kinda lost my mind when I put my bid in for the property next door. But what is done is done. Iā€™m really not sure what I want to do with it, except for the rule ā€œ no animals on that property without strict rules and conditions ā€œ
I already told you get that alien space ship and pick up me and my geriatric animals

Back
Top Bottom