I’m a failure 😞. Beethoven-Hen is gone, Canna is gone, Arizona and sunshine are gone. Everyone I have cared about is gone! Hen-Rietta stays with me for pity I guess. My heart isn’t just broken, it’s been shattered thru a paper shredder and then burned with a blowtorch!!
Oh goodness, Alex. You’re having such a rough go. You have given your birds a wonderful life. Sometimes as hard as we try, they just can’t live forever. I’m so sad for you.

Monday Mugs

I give you Glynda.
View attachment 3815770

This lady has decided that she is too busy to use a nest. She is dropping eggs all over the place.

The porch
View attachment 3815771

The entrance to the main coop

View attachment 3815774
View attachment 3815772

Entrance to the Cluckle Hut
View attachment 3815773

And just randomly in the yard.
View attachment 3815775

I imagine this lady is too busy to ever go broody. She does lay in the nest as well on some days. There is no predicting her.
Beautiful and silly girl!

Finally had a day (most of anyway) of no rain. Should be starting back up in a few hours. I wouldn't mind so much if the bits of sunny weather the last few weeks hadn't caused a growth explosion in the yard. Hard to keep up if it is pouring. Anyway, got a bunch of plants planted and weeds pulled at least.
Girls enjoying sitting quietly together
View attachment 3819679
They look very content. Beautiful shot.

Oh dear. I am not sure I can cope with the hormonal insanity in the Chicken Palace.
Sylvie is a ditz. She has started the broody bok-bok-bok, but if I turf her out she stays off the nest for a reasonable time and sometimes seems to forget where she is. Piglet, Calypso and Tassels beat the crap out of her every time they see her.
Piglet is running around all puffed up and broody bok-bok-bok but hasn’t installed herself in a nest box. I think with Piglet the notion of skipping meals is probably quite unappealing.
I really only have three sane chickens. And here they are enjoying some peace and quiet while grazing in the cool of the morning.
Bernie, Babs, and Pooh.
View attachment 3819529
Haha! Have fun in Broodiville!

Sorry to be a pain but is fenbendazole a good wormer?
Having so many issues I have lost track

Not tapeworm :( it reads tapeworm, spulworm, hookworm, whip and roundworms

I believe it is effective against some kinds of tapeworm but not all kinds.
Tapeworm is relatively rare in chickens I believe.
This thread may be helpful.
Thread 'for tapeworms can I go right to panacu/fenbendazole?'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/for-tapeworms-can-i-go-right-to-panacu-fenbendazole.795358/
Edited to add : Marie, I just understood that it was for your dog, and not your chickens. I am still putting up my post which could be useful for others.
I am not sure about tapeworms in dogs, but I don't think they are exactly the same as in chickens.

I used Febendazole on my chickens with the heavy 7 days dosage and it did not kill their tapeworms. The only efficient ingredient I have found is Praziquantel.
However, there are four different species of tapeworms that affect chickens ; and parasites develop resistance in some geographic places because people have been using the same molecule too often, but not in others. If someone has tapeworms in their flock but the chickens don't look severely unwell, I would advise to try Fenbendazole first as it is causes less damage to the environment. If a chicken seems unwell, I think Praziquantel is the only 100% efficient molecule for chicken tapeworms.
People here used niclosamide a lot but they are now beginning to report resistance as well.
I have done it legally. No gunplay or idle threats. I think I will tear down the entire house and level the ground, adding another 1/2 acre to my existing yard. No more tenants within 100 yards of my home. I was angry enough to block the alley way that the whole neighborhood uses for their access to homes. I didn’t, but I could have. The alley is also my property too. I’m not an A hole.
Such is the rural life I have chosen to live.
I am very glad you chose the legal way to solve this problem. I commend you for not listening to your anger, but to the voice of reason. I know how hard that can be when you have strong feelings !

Edited to add : Marie, I just understood that it was for your dog, and not your chickens. I am still putting up my post which could be useful for others.
I am not sure about tapeworms in dogs, but I don't think they are exactly the same as in chickens.

I used Febendazole on my chickens with the heavy 7 days dosage and it did not kill their tapeworms. The only efficient ingredient I have found is Praziquantel.
However, there are four different species of tapeworms that affect chickens ; and parasites develop resistance in some geographic places because people have been using the same molecule too often, but not in others. If someone has tapeworms in their flock but the chickens don't look severely unwell, I would advise to try Fenbendazole first as it is causes less damage to the environment.
Thank you :)
This is what I used for my dog this morning. :) I've ordered the tapeworm to be absolutely sure.

From further study I am leaning towards it being roundworms that he had a year ago. So he is now on a 3 days course of fenbendazole, starting from his breakfast this morning. But i really want to give him the tapeworm at the end right now, but I'll see if this has properly worked first. He tends to pick things up while we are out walking, hence I considering the other wormer at the end of this 3 day course.
If a chicken seems unwell, I think Praziquantel is the only 100% efficient molecule for chicken tapeworms.
People here used niclosamide a lot but they are now beginning to report resistance as well.
😲
That's awful. I have ordered droncit I'm hoping that will work if there are anymore concerns
I am very glad you chose the legal way to solve this problem. I commend you for not listening to your anger, but to the voice of reason. I know how hard that can be when you have strong feelings !
I applaud Alex , he used the correct long-term firepower that won't create problems for him in the future.
In a way both he and Jaffar got their justice.

This lout and his vandal has been well and truly sorted :clap

Back
Top Bottom