Just getting ready to go out and do chores for the night, the babies seem to be staying near to edges of the heater, I hope it’s not too warm for them. But I guess they will move away or closer to the warmth as they need.

5A071415-160F-4AFB-9001-6A09B182FA6D.png

I blocked the one side with a board to block any drafts.

Just getting ready to go out and do chores for the night, the babies seem to be staying near to edges of the heater, I hope it’s not too warm for them. But I guess they will move away or closer to the warmth as they need.

View attachment 3828042

I blocked the one side with a board to block any drafts.
After about a week mine were sleeping with only their butts under the plate.
I don’t know where all these instructions come from that say they need 90 degrees. That has not been my experience at all.

After about a week mine were sleeping with only their butts under the plate.
I don’t know where all these instructions come from that say they need 90 degrees. That has not been my experience at all.
Nore mine also, but they are out in the open barn now, and it’s not very warm in there. But they run under the brooder for a snooze when chilly.

I think there is a lot of shifting going on if they are chilly they move to the back.
F5951CCE-66EA-44D3-9AF9-306735F2F1BC.png

YES, YES, 1000x YES!!! 1 little silkie hen, in whatever color you choose. Everyone needs a Poppet, or a Marty. Even our dear friend Alex needs to upgrade his Wal-Mart feather dusters to the real thing.
No you have got me wrong. I want YOUR cantankerous little poppet. Her personality sounds adorable and she's a proper little madam 😍

Back
Top Bottom