How hard is it to get a darn drive belt for my John Deere riding lawnmower tractor !!!
:he:th And I had that belt replaced by the factory trained experts. A month ago! :rant
As our mower has a lot of hours the belt that originally came on our mower no longer works, it fits too loose. I bought a shorter belt and am fixing to try it.

When I take the littles out of the brooder box, they kick and scream, but less than five minutes, they are all completely comfortable on my lap and watching tv. Then when it’s time for bed, same thing. Kicking and screaming. I don’t know what to do, they need space to stretch their muscles. :he:th
And so do you from the sound of it. :D

Oh well, you can go to church and say in all honesty that you are being stalked by a bunch of chick's :gigand they won't take no for an answer

View attachment 3824210
This picture is from our visit to the vet yesterday. I was hoping Sookie had a stuck egg but found that she has a tumor in her reproductive system. Dr Zoe prescribed meloxicam which I administer twice daily with vitamins. She still eats good but is a little lethargic. It broke my heart to hear we will need to euthanize her at some near point. I remember the day she came home. She was a cute little fuzz ball that the guy at tractor supply gave to Lety because she was the only chick in the store.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

It's been a perfect day
1000002148.jpg

Egg crumble and oats. Yummy 😋
1000002166.jpg

We had some heavy rain yesterday evening. Mom decided it was a good time to groom the horses since she was wanting to keep a close eye on the creek. She got the bright idea to save me from getting soaked and put up the chickens. She did good for the most part with everyone. Everyone that is except Poppet. Poppet was the first one she carried to the coop. She put her in where she sleeps and then walks off to get another one, leaving the door open. Apparently Poppet followed her back. 15 minutes later, almost everyone in the coop who belongs and Poppet is soaked following mom like a puppy and she gives up and yells for me to come out. I get out there to find mom sitting on a milk crate in the isle dripping wet. A soaked Poppet perched on the stall board next to her preening away and dad in Dirt's stall laughing away as he was cleaning it. Dad was mean, he knows what he did wrong. Poppet has a routine you see. She has to go up last. She also follows me back and forth while I herd the others to the coop. If you start with her, she is not staying in if you leave the door open. Dad knew this, he could have told mom, he did not. He enjoyed the show. I decided to sit with them for a few minutes waiting for a break in the rain. Poppet flew from her perch to my lap and snuggled in. Rain lets up a smidge, it is now pretty much dark and I stand up and tell mom to watch this. Call Poppet by her nick name "Pop Pop" and walk to the coop. I have my little shadow right at my heels. She runs in and puts herself on her small roost. Easy peasy and shut the door. Dad then laughingly tells mom, she is last to go up. It has to be dark and she needs her snuggles first. Mom threw a curry comb at him.

We had some heavy rain yesterday evening. Mom decided it was a good time to groom the horses since she was wanting to keep a close eye on the creek. She got the bright idea to save me from getting soaked and put up the chickens. She did good for the most part with everyone. Everyone that is except Poppet. Poppet was the first one she carried to the coop. She put her in where she sleeps and then walks off to get another one, leaving the door open. Apparently Poppet followed her back. 15 minutes later, almost everyone in the coop who belongs and Poppet is soaked following mom like a puppy and she gives up and yells for me to come out. I get out there to find mom sitting on a milk crate in the isle dripping wet. A soaked Poppet perched on the stall board next to her preening away and dad in Dirt's stall laughing away as he was cleaning it.
:D:lau:gig
I honestly appoligise but that just sent me off into a fit of laughter 😃 my dog has just walked out thinking I've gone completely 🤪 :gig
Thank goodness I wasn't there your mother would hate me

:duc Naughty Dad it's all his fault :lau:gig
Dad was mean, he knows what he did wrong. Poppet has a routine you see. She has to go up last. She also follows me back and forth while I herd the others to the coop. If you start with her, she is not staying in if you leave the door open. Dad knew this, he could have told mom, he did not. He enjoyed the show. I decided to sit with them for a few minutes waiting for a break in the rain. Poppet flew from her perch to my lap and snuggled in. Rain lets up a smidge, it is now pretty much dark and I stand up and tell mom to watch this. Call Poppet by her nick name "Pop Pop" and walk to the coop. I have my little shadow right at my heels. She runs in and puts herself on her small roost. Easy peasy and shut the door. Dad then laughingly tells mom, she is last to go up. It has to be dark and she needs her snuggles first. Mom threw a curry comb at him.

Back
Top Bottom