Chicks first day (about 15 min) outside. They spent more time using us as a flying jungle gym than exploring the grass 😂.
View attachment 3814929
View attachment 3814926
My sons attempt to get em to eat grass like the big chickens do.
View attachment 3814927
Ryka and Quill
View attachment 3814924
Here is a photo of her with that huge eye opened. It was clear they thought it was time to go back into the brooder tent.
View attachment 3814925
That eye looks cartoonishly large. Can you think of any experiments to test whether she has vision out of it? Maybe slowly dangle a blade of grass on that side of her face and see if she reacts? Seems like there would be SO much pressure on the ocular nerve. Either way, I’m glad it sounds like she’s up and about.

Fenix learned a lesson today...kasumi got her beak poked through the wire and got a bit of fluff! 20240428_112529.jpg
20240428_112535.jpg

Happy holidays!
It’s the week of Passover, and we drove out to my in-laws to celebrate; they’re out in the burbs. Big yard, big veggie patch. I have a neighbor watching the adult chickens back home for the weekend, but the chicks got to come with me!
59FF8164-A401-4BEF-B42C-F8491F012D19.jpeg

I released them into the enclosed (read: deer proof/bird proof) veggie garden and they’ve been having a ball. If perhaps a bit cold.

211A1F70-4001-4264-A92F-351412E32681.jpeg

For pony Sunday I offer this worm that Slow-feathering-BCM caught and was playing Keep-away with. 😋

The church service today was dedicated to the loss of our loved ones and about Biblical ways of depression. Pastor is pretty bright about saying the right sermon at the right time. We held the burial service right after church out by Sir Jaffar’s gravesite.
That must have been beautiful, sounds like your Pastor is a wonderful person ♥️🌹

Happy holidays!
It’s the week of Passover, and we drove out to my in-laws to celebrate; they’re out in the burbs. Big yard, big veggie patch. I have a neighbor watching the adult chickens back home for the weekend, but the chicks got to come with me!
View attachment 3814954
I released them into the enclosed (read: deer proof/bird proof) veggie garden and they’ve been having a ball. If perhaps a bit cold.

View attachment 3814956
For pony Sunday I offer this worm that Slow-feathering-BCM caught and was playing Keep-away with. 😋
That BCM, is a pullet. Comb and wattles still unchanged. I am confident in it now at what 7 weeks or 8 weeks old?

Back
Top Bottom