SNOW

50F39173-DD57-4C4E-90AD-DF270B92F96E.jpeg
F62B3156-8F41-421D-A148-6B8B520E4AA7.jpeg
77AE1B76-1688-41F1-B961-68C8D915DA48.jpeg
A065C7E0-7B7B-4360-9CB8-6FC57287AE08.jpeg
8E066DD3-5BA6-4951-AF93-F9902C62470F.jpeg
0F17D1DB-8B64-493D-AF38-671EC63CA81B.jpeg
FD70DB79-8723-490B-8FD4-DCC2A90A11F8.jpeg

How are your chicks doing with the snow? I can't wait till mine see snow for the first time :) always funny to see their first reaction!
They're doing pretty well actually although Cesario is not a fan! :lau

We brought in a straw bale for the coop and the bigs are occupied with attacking that. Meanwhile the littles are roosting outside up high in the sun.

:hugs :hugs for Red Hen and you! I’m sorry she’s so unwell. You won't be able to get supplies until Monday earliest though? She’s not looking good in this picture. She looks pretty concerned about it too. You’ve given her a good life there. I’m so sorry, it’s a very tough place to be in. :hugs :hugs
Have the supplies - my Vet is 4km up the way, I got the stuff just need BIL to come by and help. Yes she has had a good life - hopefully give her a bit more enjoyment.

We drive back n forth from the camp to the rig so I'm only exposed to the weather for brief moments. I am dressed with 3 layers typically but have more if necessary.
Hopefully someone else can drive so you can sit back and relax. Also hope it’s a nice camp with good food!

Camp Tax
Food?
A0A42DC4-9396-461E-BFCE-04E330DCB9AA.jpeg

Where?
6776FDE5-007C-4073-B58F-7C6296405B2A.jpeg

Well, Rosie is going to be sore tonight. Rosie and Maddy were on Russ. 2 of her other friends were also on their horses. They went on a trail ride behind the house. From what I was just told, they did as teenagers do and had fun. Until they didn't. Her other 2 friends started galloping and supposedly Russ wanted to gallop with them and bolted with them. I take this with a grain of salt, knowing the girls, they willingly had him gallop. They both came off Russ but thankfully landed on grass. Maddy has a scrap on her arm and Rosie has a nice pretty bruise on her hip. Nothing is broken and they led Russ back down the hill. I checked them over, Russ is fine, the girls are fine just rattled their nerves. Russ is also hot and sweaty and needs cooled down. Informed Rosie she was to get her butt back on the horse and cool him down properly. She will thank me later for making her get right back on. Maddy also climbed back on as well. I did not lecture about galloping while riding double. I will do that tonight the entire time she is soaking in a hot Epsom salt bath.

Well, Rosie is going to be sore tonight. Rosie and Maddy were on Russ. 2 of her other friends were also on their horses. They went on a trail ride behind the house. From what I was just told, they did as teenagers do and had fun. Until they didn't. Her other 2 friends started galloping and supposedly Russ wanted to gallop with them and bolted with them. I take this with a grain of salt, knowing the girls, they willingly had him gallop. They both came off Russ but thankfully landed on grass. Maddy has a scrap on her arm and Rosie has a nice pretty bruise on her hip. Nothing is broken and they led Russ back down the hill. I checked them over, Russ is fine, the girls are fine just rattled their nerves. Russ is also hot and sweaty and needs cooled down. Informed Rosie she was to get her butt back on the horse and cool him down properly. She will thank me later for making her get right back on. Maddy also climbed back on as well. I did not lecture about galloping while riding double. I will do that tonight the entire time she is soaking in a hot Epsom salt bath.
OMGosh! Scary - she was wearing her melon cover, right? And Mandy too? Gosh kids (says the kid who did the same thing with her cousin!).

Back
Top Bottom