I usually cook the stem and bottom pieces too, but they're a HUGE pain to skin/mash later. I figured to try them with the chickens just to see. Tonight's frost should soften those up nicely anyway.

What are you bringing us now?View attachment 3300531View attachment 3300532

BTW, the rest of the family is lucky if I share the seeds. I have been known to make pumpkin drop cookies (aka Pumpkin Poop with flies for Halloween) and pumpkin snickerdoodles.
What’s with the one tail feather hahaha too funny! Can’t you just yank it out so he doesn’t suffer the indignity of that lone feather? 😊 just kidding!

Meanwhile now HENNY IS MOLTING !!! I noted a couple loose feathers and helped her get rid of them, but she is yanking them out all over the barn! Thankfully Buttercup had stopped shedding and is now regrowing feathers. Who next?! It’s going to be winter soon!

“Hi, I’m Coco, this is my bio. My manager said to keep it simple, so….
1. I prefer my meals eaten alone
2. I choose not to go out in public with any feathers out of place.
3. I’m not a brat, I call it being privileged!
4. Never touch my feet!
5. Refer to #4 !
6. I’m not a cheap date, so be prepared to fork over the 💰
7. I love hot looking roosters, and men who aren’t afraid to cry!
View attachment 3300732
Hi Coco your a pretty gal love those wattles!

You should never feel you are being selfish sharing how you feel. Your feelings are as valid as anyone else's. You are going through a trauma. We are here to support you. Please kerp letting us know how you are dealing. Most if not all of us here have dealt with a tragic loss. Maybe we can help. But we can't help if you don't share. :hugs :hugs :hugs
:goodpost: :love

Like Bob said 💕

Surprise Present from the Magnolia Tree

Most of you probably remember the hard freeze we had this spring which ruined all of my magnolia tree's blossoms. 🌸

Well just as it is about to drop all its leaves, the Magnolia Tree has decided to put out some blooms. Check these out.

View attachment 3300627View attachment 3300628View attachment 3300629View attachment 3300630
Mine did that one year also, and last year on the summer it popped out some flowers. I wonder if it’s stress that does that.

I need to wrap my rhododendron tomorrow they are ok with the cold just not the wind, it ruins the leaves, so i wrap in burlap to protect them from wind burn.

It's still Sunday here, so... mini horses
20221015_134516.jpg

Back
Top Bottom