Pics
I'm going to take a time out from previous story to celebrate a big event. We got our first egg of 2019 today!
20190111_135404.jpg

I saw Lilly working on a nest today on the coop cam and later she was complaining and running in and out of the house while everyone else was free ranging. I am pretty sure it was my little enforcer.

20190111_193751.jpg

I think this excited Jabber as he was "giving her the wing" all afternoon. She wanted nothing to do with him and kept slipping away. From my kitchen window it looked like Jabber thought he had the OK once when he clearly did not and my Alpha hen, Patsy, came racing over and gave him a chest to chest stare down. He was better behaved the rest of the afternoon.

Patsy had this look when she came after him. She stared at him while standing chest to chest for a full minute. Unfortumately i have no idea if anything was said.
20190111_194415.jpg

I'm going to take a time out from previous story to celebrate a big event. We got our first egg of 2019 today!
View attachment 1639706

I saw Lilly working on a nest today on the coop cam and later she was complaining and running in and out of the house while everyone else was free ranging. I am pretty sure it was my little enforcer.

View attachment 1639709

I think this excited Jabber as he was "giving her the wing" all afternoon. She wanted nothing to do with him and kept slipping away. From my kitchen window it looked like Jabber thought he had the OK once when he clearly did not and my Alpha hen, Patsy, came racing over and gave him a chest to chest stare down. He was better behaved the rest of the afternoon.

Patsy had this look when she came after him. She stared at him while standing chest to chest for a full minute. Unfortumately i have no idea if anything was said.
View attachment 1639714
Great pic!... That face!!:lol:

View attachment 1639706

View attachment 1639709

View attachment 1639714
Her expression reminds me of a "And WHAT do you think you are doing! Stop your antics before I whoop your butt!". :lau

Her expression reminds me of a "And WHAT do you think you are doing! Stop your antics before I whoop your butt!". :lau

I would suggest he listen to her. She grew spurs when she became Alpha hen before we had a rooster. He has no spurs yet. And she is just about his size right now. This is still her flock!

Back
Top Bottom