FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I didn't know ace sells feed. I usually just shop Ace hardwares garden and canning sections.I'll have to go and have a look and compare prices.
I just found that out a few months ago when they had it up on their reader board. My ACE sells 50 lbs for 15.99 I think . They only have the Purina, but they do have laying pellets and crumbles.

ACE is closer than the feed stores for me.

I have a question that maybe some one can help what food is best for chikens cuz I have been feeding my chikens scratch but I think I could feed them something better i would like to hear everyone's input on this topic

I sell Countryside Organics and it's the only feed I would use for my chickens. It is much more pricey that hardware store brands, but it is organic, GMO and soy free, and contains over 50 ingredients for a perfectly balanced diet. Scratch is only meant to be an entertaining snack and shouldn't be used as a feed. Even if you don't go organic, get those girls some real food
smile.png

How much is it a bag and how many pounds im looking for new food
Depends on how may birds you're feeding. I pay $13.50 for a 50# bag. I go through about 200 to 300 pounds a week but I have 350 to 400 birds. I have been selling some birds as I'm trying to downsize. I'd like to get back down to around 100 or less.

Whichever feed you decide on, buy it from a dealer that sells a lot of it so that you will always get fresh feed. I was buying from an Ace that had a good market for their feed and got some that was moldy. I took it back and was given another moldy bag. I found out that there is a date on the bottom of the Purnia bag and both of these were packaged 4 months before I bought them. . I don't know if the other brands do that or not, but you should make sure that the feed is not over a month old. Moldy feed can be fatal and can be commom in our humid summers........stan

Tha
Whichever feed you decide on, buy it from a dealer that sells a lot of it so that you will always get fresh feed. I was buying from an Ace that had a good market for their feed and got some that was moldy. I took it back and was given another moldy bag. I found out that there is a date on the bottom of the Purnia bag and both of these were packaged 4 months before I bought them. . I don't know if the other brands do that or not, but you should make sure that the feed is not over a month old. Moldy feed can be fatal and can be commom in our humid summers........stan

Thank you for the info, I'm glad for your concern.

Especially for my kind of poultry I knew you like them.

That is true.I buy mine right now from tractor supply.They have a high turnover for feed at that local store so maybe I'll just stick to buying it there.I'm not sure if my local ace is as busy for feed products.

So true...

Back
Top Bottom