Flock Raiser

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
So I have chicks ranging from almost 14 weeks (which I guess I should call pullets now,lol) down to 2 weeks old. Everyone was on medicated chick starter. It's time to wean my older ones off, but they are not ready for pellets. I did some reading and Flock raiser sounded like my best bet. It will feed everyone, even the rooster. So I got a 50lb bag today. At $14.99 it's not a bad deal!

Does anyone else feed Flock Raiser? How do you like it?

Flock Raiser will be fine. It's not medicated, but it is a crumble you can feed any poultry. Around here it is about $16 for a 50 pound bag. I'm not sure if they make it in a 25 pound bag.

The price was ok with me. It was just about $2 than what I paid for 50lbs of starter. Is there a better deal, that will feed everyone? I'm going to try this out and see how they like it. Either way, they are eating 50lbs of it whether they like it or not,lol.

I feed flock raiser crumbles to everything: Chicks, Broilers, Layers, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail.
I give the layers some oyster shell free choice and grab some game bird starter if I ever have any
quail or turkeys hatch out. It really helps to be able to have one type of feed for everything.

Last edited:
Where can you buy Flock Raiser? I'm in the same boat and can't find it anywhere... Wilmington, NC. Farm Supply Store says to keep chicks on Starter until 4 months but I want to combine the group since it's 4 hens and 6 chicks plus a rooster. Thanks.

The one and only place selling is a store With Med only for starter. The more I'm reading, the more upset I am with the supplier here. He sells Med. Chick Starter and Layer feed only. Thanks. I'll order online.

I used Flock Raiser a couple of years ago before I started buying bulk feed. The feed mill that I was buying my bulk feed won't be sellig feed anymore, so now I am back to buying Flock Raiser. I like it. never had a problem. It's $14.99 in my area. It's a bit pricey but the good thing is that you can feed it to the entire flock.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom