Flat crop tonight and sluggish Silver Laced Polish

Vickischics

Life, is a Learning curve.
May 6, 2020
On the East Coast of the Sunshine State
21 week old Silver Lace Polish. Flat crop tonight, sluggish. Helped her onto the roost. I noticed her stool is loose.
Her face smell yeasty.
Here is a picture of her mouth.
Not laying yet.
I am feeding her electrolytes, scramble egg and yogurt right now. Poor thing..

Attachments

• 20200928_192003.jpg
    20200928_192003.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
A sour crop normally is big and puffy, not flat. What Color are her droppings? Can you get her to drink some water with electrolytes? Has she eaten today? Is a vet possible?

A sour crop normally is big and puffy, not flat. What Color are her droppings? Can you get her to drink some water with electrolytes? Has she eaten today? Is a vet possible?
No my Vet is not a poultry vet. Although she did a Fecal Float which I was given Safe Guard for tge Big Girls which are housed separately. They do not interact.
I gave her electrolytes and she ate scrambled eggs and yogurt eagerly. Her crop was full. I put her back with her BFF tonight as they're together.
She was sunny of course. I will check her crop in the morning to double check for flatness.
She did not poop while inside tonight.
So, I'm thinking she didn't eat much if at all.

No my Vet is not a poultry vet. Although she did a Fecal Float which I was given Safe Guard for tge Big Girls which are housed separately. They do not interact.
I gave her electrolytes and she ate scrambled eggs and yogurt eagerly. Her crop was full. I put her back with her BFF tonight as they're together.
She was sunny of course. I will check her crop in the morning to double check for flatness.
She did not poop while inside tonight.
So, I'm thinking she didn't eat much if at all.
I'll also get a poop picture as soon as she poops in the morning.
I also gave her a chunk of Coconut oil just in case. But, I do not see anything like yellow/white yeasty stuff in her mouth.
I'm thinking I should worm her according to her weight just in case.
What are ur thoughts on that?

Here is another, perhaps better mouth picture. Do you think that white in the back of her mouth normal?
When I opened her mouth big, her mouth STINKS!!
In fact her entire head stinks.
Yuck!!

Attachments

• 20200928_202921.jpg
    20200928_202921.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 11
21 week old Silver Lace Polish. Flat crop tonight, sluggish. Helped her onto the roost. I noticed her stool is loose.
Her face smell yeasty.
Here is a picture of her mouth.
Not laying yet.
I am feeding her electrolytes, scramble egg and yogurt right now. Poor thing..
I'll also get a poop picture as soon as she poops in the morning.
I also gave her a chunk of Coconut oil just in case. But, I do not see anything like yellow/white yeasty stuff in her mouth.
I'm thinking I should worm her according to her weight just in case.
What are ur thoughts on that?
Here is another, perhaps better mouth picture. Do you think that white in the back of her mouth normal?
When I opened her mouth big, her mouth STINKS!!
In fact her entire head stinks.
Yuck!!
If her head and breath stinks, then I would treat for Sour Crop.
The inside of the beak currently looks normal from what I can see.
If I treat for Sour Crop, I follow Carol's article https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

In the photo - does she have a bump over her eye or it may just be folded up from the fingers. I've got an arrow pointing to what I'm talking about.

1601349024681.png

Oh yes, I see that!
Let me look at other pictures to see if thats my doing.
I'm thinking thats my doing.
What do you think?
Yes, that's the article I read but, when she had a flat crop, that puzzled me.
Shes so cute with her feathers pulled up.
She is so easy too.

Attachments

• 20200928_202847.jpg
    20200928_202847.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200928_202832.jpg
    20200928_202832.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom