First time incubating need help!

autumn_g

Songster
Mar 5, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Hey guys! So I had to by an incubator this last month because a hen had her hatch but there were a few eggs left over that were laid late. I bought a Nurture Right 360 and guessed about for along it was. I have kept it at 99.5-100. F and the humidity at 53-55% I was a little off on my guestamation and I have an internal pip!! Its been turning this whole time too! have a 4 other eggs at different stages so I had planned in buying a second incubator, a still air that doesnt turn the eggs, for the hatch tomorrow but obviously will go get it today now. Should I turn the Turner off till I get the second incubator even though I have 4 other eggs 12 days along?? What are the next steps?? Any advice on hatching is very much requested and will be soooo appreciated!!!

Are these duck eggs?

I think I would unplug the turner now, and let the pipped one hatch. Then access the others again, before buying another incubator. Not turning won't hurt them for a few days, if they are already 12 days along. You can either start turning them after the first one hatches, or continue to leave it unplugged.

I love my NR360. I think I'd just fill the center water-well, (A?) then let it dry up after the first hatch, and leave them empty until the other eggs start to hatch, then fill both.

Yes these are muscovy eggs. We have just bought a still air with no turner, we had already planned on doing that for the mess. I have 5 eggs each at different stages. I read that this was the easiest and less stressful on the other eggs.

Yes these are muscovy eggs. We have just bought a still air with no turner, we had already planned on doing that for the mess. I have 5 eggs each at different stages. I read that this was the easiest and less stressful on the other eggs.

well yes, staggered hatches aren’t ideal, but can be handled. But if you’ve already bought another, I’d put the pipped one in the still-air, fill it with water, and leave the others turning in the NR360. Just use the still air for a hatcher for each egg as they get close.

I’ve never hatched muscovies, but i run my NR without any water until the final 3 days, which runs around 25-30% humidity, then 70-80% for hatch. You might consider reading my article on humidity (linked below in Red) (if on a phone, turn it landscape to see signature block). 50-55 is usually a bit high for most of us, but could work for you.

good luck! Let us know how it goes! Is it externally pipped yet?

Are these duck eggs?

I think I would unplug the turner now, and let the pipped one hatch. Then access the others again, before buying another incubator. Not turning won't hurt them for a few days, if they are already 12 days along. You can either start turning them after the first one hatches, or continue to leave it unplugged.

I love my NR360. I think I'd just fill the center water-well, (A?) then let it dry up after the first hatch, and leave them empty until the other eggs start to hatch, then fill both.
He has hatched!!!!!!!!
20191211_071820.jpg
20191211_071229.jpg
20191211_071500.jpg
20191211_071455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom