Fighting is it normal for 6 week old pullets or do we have roos?

I don’t think so ?! I replied but stupidly replied to email and not thread! I can take some photos of the lil horrors!! Just about to go on school run so will have to be later!! :) more have fought since and one has a swollen eye! However I’ve left them in at moment and all seems ok. The one with bad eye has stood down! Think that one might be a hen too! I’ve separated 2 that have fought hard and 2 injured ones! I’m running out of space though! My first chicks lived in harmony and 2 of the Roos lived happily together for 8 months! Not used to so much brutality! oh dear they’re at it again!!

I feel silly. I did reply to the correct thread but when I pulled up the thread I apparently missed the first two posts and read the third one.

:yaA day in jail seemed to do the trick for mine too. At least for now. Isn’t nice when everyone can get along happily. Figuring out pecking order is normal but straight bullying and causing injury is no good. Glad you got it straight for now! Hope everything stays looking up and up

Back
Top Bottom