Fertilized Eggs in Colorado for sale?

Micmac1234

Songster
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado
Hi there! I am in Colorado and I bought eggs for my broody hen but I bought them from Washington and I’m worried that they’re not going to hatch because of the altitude change. I’m on day 22 under a broody hen, and still no chicks… Does anyone in Colorado near the Littleton area sell fertilized eggs?

You're not far from me. There are a few people selling hatching eggs on craigslist.

I'd give you some but it'll be a week or two 'til pass your way and I have doubts about their fertility since my rooster only seems to mate one hen.

Looking at it now -- try Colorado Springs craigslist instead of Denver and you'll find less expensive ones and and more choices. It's only about ten minutes longer to get to Falcon from Littleton as it is to get to Bennet.

I would either candle them or give them a couple of more days before you give up on them.
Yeah I won’t give up just yet but I’m literally just praying for them at this point 😂 I would be shocked if I had a 0% hatch rate under a hen because it’s not like I had the chance to mess things up as if I were using an incubator. We have had cooler temps here like the last week, or even longer. So I’m hoping the chicks just needed more time

Looking at it now -- try Colorado Springs craigslist instead of Denver and you'll find less expensive ones and and more choices. It's only about ten minutes longer to get to Falcon from Littleton as it is to get to Bennet.
Oh that’s smart to look there instead of Denver! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom