Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
I prefer grackles over starlings for sure.
I saw a cowbird the other day.. that one will eat a pellet if it sticks around.
Since moving outside town I've come to appreciate the crows. I didn't see many in town.
There are several that stick around out here and i luv watching them harass the hawks.
Given the opportunity they will steal the duck eggs.

FYI, cowbirds are on the protected species list. SSS. Only house sparrows and starlings are not protected. Some states also list the Collared Dove as an invasive species.

I prefer grackles over starlings for sure.
I saw a cowbird the other day.. that one will eat a pellet if it sticks around.
Since moving outside town I've come to appreciate the crows. I didn't see many in town.
There are several that stick around out here and i luv watching them harass the hawks.
We have Cowbirds here too. I haven't seen many offspring over the years, so they must not too successful at fooling the birds around my area.

Love to watch Crows and Ravens annoy the hawks. 😅 The hawks seem unimpressed and usually continue to go about their business soaring the skies. ❤

I did not know that! I've never seen one. We are inundated with White-Winged Doves they are everywhere. Folks hunt them during their season.
I can remember years ago when I had the first Collared doves show up here. Now there are well over a hundred that roost in my shelter belt over the winter. About this time of year a Cooper's Hawk will move in and help reduce their numbers.

Wyoming lists them as an invasive species open to shooting at anytime.

I did not know that! I've never seen one. We are inundated with White-Winged Doves they are everywhere. Folks hunt them during their season.
Eurasian_collared_dove_X5120671_05-12-2011-001.jpg

Eurasian_collared_dove_X5062008_05-06-2012-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom