Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
The 4 or 5 male Redwing blackbirds that came to the club feeders several years ago increased to 15 or so last year and to 30 or so this year. They are emptying the feeder daily. At home crocuses are in full bloom and the first daffodils have opened. I saw a queen bumblebee working the crocuses for nectar and pollen today.

The 4 or 5 male Redwing blackbirds that came to the club feeders several years ago increased to 15 or so last year and to 30 or so this year. They are emptying the feeder daily. At home crocuses are in full bloom and the first daffodils have opened. I saw a queen bumblebee working the crocuses for nectar and pollen today.
I had a big increase in male Red-wings today.

No crocuses but irises I planted last fall started blooming yesterday. There were two yesterday morning that increased to 9 this morning.

No crocuses but irises I planted last fall started blooming yesterday. There were two yesterday morning that increased to 9 this morning.

Red-wings are rare at my feeders but they're everywhere at the lake. I think I'm too tucked down in the woods.

My irises are a couple inches out of the ground but nowhere near blooming yet. I haven't checked on the daffodils yet.

Red-wings are rare at my feeders but they're everywhere at the lake. I think I'm too tucked down in the woods.

My irises are a couple inches out of the ground but nowhere near blooming yet. I haven't checked on the daffodils yet.
We've had some red wings stopping by recently.
20240315_174044.jpg

I did not bring any iris from the old house. 🥺
But... i know plenty people i can get some from when i decide where i want them. I don't really want them in the main flower bed, they take over too much space for no longer than they bloom.

Back
Top Bottom