Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
A first ever for me. Until today I had never seen a Chestnut-sided Warbler.
full

This little guy refused to cooperate. Every time he came out in the open, he would disappear before the camera could focus.
Common Yellowthroat
full

Yellow Warbler
full

full

Yellow-rumped Warbler
full

full
Just wonderful to see, thank you

What is the 'seed cake' in the feeder?
Just a cheap suet cake. That particular one is labeled a peanut blend. I stock up whenever Menard's has a good sale whatever happens to be the sale flavor.

I used to put out a syrup feeder for the orioles until I noticed that they appear to like suet cakes better. They will also work over a half an orange stuck on a nail.

Just a cheap suet cake. That particular one is labeled a peanut blend. I stock up whenever Menard's has a good sale whatever happens to be the sale flavor.

I used to put out a syrup feeder for the orioles until I noticed that they appear to like suet cakes better. They will also work over a half an orange stuck on a nail.
They also love grape jelly! We have two jelly feeders and one liquid feeder. I rarely if ever see them on the liquid feeder.

Well, they don't fly, and they're not birds, but the cicadas are here in full force. I have never seen an emergence like this. A maple tree in our back yard is completely encased in their pupal shells. I'm sort of amazed at the number of deformed/partially hatched cicadas. They are just starting to sing. As the temperature increases so will their mating calls. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom