Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
Today at the club I spent some time watching honeybees work the fields of goldenrod. Are there videos showing how they fill the pollen baskets on their back legs ? Never been able to see that in real time. Always removed 'eating' honey before they started working goldenrod. It provides great pollen supplies and plenty of honey, but the hives sure stink when the bees are working goldenrod.

Basset hound club has been using the club since Friday. All have commented on the scarcity of birds. I'm filling the feeder daily, but think a squirrel is eating most of the feed. When the feeder is empty and I go to fill it a Nuthatch dive bombs me. I think it's aggravated that the feeder ran out. :gig Buzzes over my left shoulder and comes closer on a daily basis.

Basset hound club has been using the club since Friday. All have commented on the scarcity of birds. I'm filling the feeder daily, but think a squirrel is eating most of the feed. When the feeder is empty and I go to fill it a Nuthatch dive bombs me. I think it's aggravated that the feeder ran out. :gig Buzzes over my left shoulder and comes closer on a daily basis.
You will have it hand tamed in no time!:celebrate

We live in southern California and there's definitely been a scarcity of birds the last few years. We have lots of doves, but a dwindling number of other birds. In addition to diseases, habitat destruction, and pollution, imho it's also a result of feral cats that kill millions of birds every year. We have a large feral cat population and I find piles of feathers in my yard frequently.

Today must have been Thanksgiving Day for the robins. We have a couple large Madrona trees on the edge of the woods and they have the most beautiful red berries. They have been red for Weeks but I have a theory that they need a frost or two to get them conditioned somehow and start fermenting. They disappear almost overnight. There was a feeding frenzy today, I wish I’d taken some video.

Back
Top Bottom