Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
@WVduckchick A little more than 2 weeks ago 5 of 'my' pheobes hatched. All five survived and left the nest sometime yesterday. They sure do grow fast.

Nice!!!
I have not seen my usual phoebes this year. I have had a few robins, and found a blackbird nest. One robins nest got blown down in a storm, I found the partially developed eggs on the ground. :(
We also found a nest of tiny eggs, built in a rowboat that got ruined when we uprighted the boat. I felt so horrible!

But I did rescue a small bird from a lake a couple weeks ago. It was flapping for dear life, out in the middle of the water, unable to take flight. I scooped it up, dried and warmed it the best I could, and sat it in a tree on the bank. Hopefully it survived. Any idea what kind it may be?
BEC38DC2-36AC-4531-A036-BB53B3B82E30.jpeg
20539522-2A2C-4542-8CE2-F128D0A96AF3.jpeg
0FFC253B-4DC6-4E33-8275-A7454247236F.jpeg

A hen turkey has been hanging around the yard - even dust bathing in the front hedgerow. She has been chasing the birds and squirrels from beneath the feeder. Today the redwing blackbird males were bombing her, and a squirrel kicked her in the butt and then took off. Guess they had enough of her bad attitude.

A hen turkey has been hanging around the yard - even dust bathing in the front hedgerow. She has been chasing the birds and squirrels from beneath the feeder. Today the redwing blackbird males were bombing her, and a squirrel kicked her in the butt and then took off. Guess they had enough of her bad attitude.
When I checked on my Blue Slate hen the morning of the 14th, the Wild turkey hen was right beside her. I don't know whether she was checking out the poults or if she was trying to steal them. The Blue Slate came off her nest today and I finished stealing her babies. Including the pipped egg she left behind ( hatched in the hatcher) she has a total of 18 poults from this clutch.

When I checked on my Blue Slate hen the morning of the 14th, the Wild turkey hen was right beside her. I don't know whether she was checking out the poults or if she was trying to steal them. The Blue Slate came off her nest today and I finished stealing her babies. Including the pipped egg she left behind ( hatched in the hatcher) she has a total of 18 poults from this clutch.
Wow, nice hatch!

That's great!

Back
Top Bottom