Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
Same here. Last summer was the first summer since I've lived here (5 years) I didn't have any red-headed woodpeckers. I've also noticed a big decline in the red-bellied and pileated woodpeckers. I live along 18 acres of wooded river bottom, so the habitat is perfect for woodpeckers. I just can't understand where they all went. :(
They're at my place! We have lots!

End of last week I saw three male cardinals courting a female at the club. They haven't started singing yet, but that's not far away. Day light period is increasing. Still only one pair and an extra male at my feeders.

Princess read somewhere that a cardinal represents the return of a deceased loved one. I told her that if I die first I will come back as a crow.

End of last week I saw three male cardinals courting a female at the club. They haven't started singing yet, but that's not far away. Day light period is increasing. Still only one pair and an extra male at my feeders.

Princess read somewhere that a cardinal represents the return of a deceased loved one. I told her that if I die first I will come back as a crow.
That's better than a buzzard! :gig

I have several pairs around here, haven't seen any mating but they are singing up a storm! :D

Not the best pic thru the glass door with my phone but here’s a bluebird having a drink after a snack and a woodpecker waiting his turn and a Carolina wren picking up the scraps.
F8A3077C-A4D6-4F08-BCF9-1CD090CC7A10.jpeg

Attachments

• 00FBDC02-86D4-44D8-AE9A-28E1C5F8AD2E.jpeg
    00FBDC02-86D4-44D8-AE9A-28E1C5F8AD2E.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 7FDC24EC-226F-41EF-8482-816F86ADD69E.jpeg
    7FDC24EC-226F-41EF-8482-816F86ADD69E.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom