Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
I found out today they have special woodpecker suet. So I got a box of that.
My husband bought the cheaper stuff last year. Two boxes, it was on sale. Took forever to get rid of the stuff. I have picky birds here apparently. Only the best, tell your birds friends. :)

Will enjoy following this thread! I fill daily but the worm feeder for the 15 to 20 blue birds usually needs replenished three or 4 times daily! I’ve even gotten to the point of feeding my tree rats. Had to break down and buy a 25 pound bag of peanuts because the local store was expensive buying the smaller bags. Along with the squirrels and woodpeckers the titmice love them too. I just mentioned to the wife the birds eat more than our 19 year old...dang freeloaders 🤣

Even seen what we think are a couple king birds show up this year. Very cool bird!

Will do my best to start adding photos.

David

Will enjoy following this thread! I fill daily but the worm feeder for the 15 to 20 blue birds usually needs replenished three or 4 times daily! I’ve even gotten to the point of feeding my tree rats. Had to break down and buy a 25 pound bag of peanuts because the local store was expensive buying the smaller bags. Along with the squirrels and woodpeckers the titmice love them too. I just mentioned to the wife the birds eat more than our 19 year old...dang freeloaders 🤣

Even seen what we think are a couple king birds show up this year. Very cool bird!

Will do my best to start adding photos.

David
What's a King bird? A Kingfisher?

I don't think I have ever seen them.
Western Kingbird
1579624253500.jpeg

1579624297936.jpeg

1579624315358.jpeg

1579624337940.jpeg

1579624367348.jpeg

1579624385216.jpeg

1579624402776.jpeg

I generally have a lot of woodpeckers - this year not so many at either place.
Same here. Last summer was the first summer since I've lived here (5 years) I didn't have any red-headed woodpeckers. I've also noticed a big decline in the red-bellied and pileated woodpeckers. I live along 18 acres of wooded river bottom, so the habitat is perfect for woodpeckers. I just can't understand where they all went. :(

Back
Top Bottom