Feeding newly hatched ducklings

cswafford50

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
I have two newly hatched (1 day old) ducklings. There is no nearby feed store and I only have all-purpose chicken food. Can I feed them that or can I make them something else until we can make a trip to the feed store?

Can you get to the feed store tomorrow both will be fine with out feed since they are living off their yolk sac right now. 2 days they usually aren’t hungry because of that.

Can you get to the feed store tomorrow both will be fine with out feed since they are living off their yolk sac right now. 2 days they usually aren’t hungry because of that.
I usually do that with chicks but these guys seem so big and yappy, I thought they might need food sooner :)

I have two newly hatched (1 day old) ducklings. There is no nearby feed store and I only have all-purpose chicken food. Can I feed them that or can I make them something else until we can make a trip to the feed store?
Thanks everyone. My youngest works in a town that has a farmers coop. He picked up a bag of what they recommended and my little duckling are looking good.

Back
Top Bottom