Feed of Choice?

Chickenman623

Songster
Jan 20, 2023
I've been away from chickens for about 12 years now. Just getting hyped up about ordering a small number from Murray McMurry Hatchery. (that's who I bought from last time and had absolutely no complaints) I know the chicks need non-medicated crumbles (because I'll have them vaccinated) as a chick starter, but I'm sure the adult chicken feed has changed a bunch since I last fed. So is there a preffered feed of choice these days or is it just a "whatever ya think is good feed" thing? I fed organic last time and was paying twice the price of the bag just to get it shipped from Kansas to Oklahoma. I'm not interested in going that route this time. So is there a decent feed out there that isn't going to make me mortgage the chicken-coop to buy?

Blessings,
Chris

Purina flock raiser crumble IS my local feed maker. fresh and the same price from my local mom and pop feed store. a few $ less than TSC so... Now i do add supplements by the way , Manna Pro- Calf Manna @rate for poultry.
Its like a "one-a-day" vitamin and trace mineral because my girls don't free range much.
Soybean Meal, Corn, Hominy Feed, Feeding Oatmeal, Dried Whey, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Linseed Meal, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Vegetable Oil, Fenugreek Seed, Anise Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Sulfur, Iron Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Propionic Acid.

Sally PB, I can't find Kalmbach for anything near that price. None of the local dealers carry that brand. Guess I'll go with Purina Flock Raiser...........it's available everywhere.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom