Favorite soup?

What's your favorite texture and type soup? And what's your favorite memory tied to it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmiYa0126

Free Ranging
Jul 6, 2021
SE Pennsylvania
Hello! Tis' the season for SOUP! You may have to share your favorite soup recipe!

Mine is the classic chicken noodle, with 24 hour bone broth and then celery, carrots, dill, chopped hard boiled eggs, onions, garlic and spaghetti or egg noodles, with a spoonful of sour cream stirred in at the end with lots of fresh cracked pepper. Yum! Soups on!

Favorite memory, my aunt would have this kind of soup ready for us for the many sleepovers at my cousin's house! Warm, welcoming and a safe place ❤️

Mmm! I like to make homemade barley soup with sautéed garlic, onions, mushrooms simmered in vegetable broth with some carrots and celery. Cook the barley separately with some cream of mushroom, add a dash of liquid amino and sesame oil. Mmm, mmm, mmmmm. My mom also makes an AMAZING salmon bisque that's amazing during the winter! Can't wait to hear what other soups y'all enjoy during the season!

Tis the season for soup and I start thinking about in fall. I'm a big fan of root crops in winter soups. Mostly parsnips, yams(all kinds), onions, carrots, turnips,winter squash.
I make light soups in summer but this stuff is very hearty. I love mushrooms. We have a fantastic asian/hispanic grocery here that has around 10 varieties of mushrooms. Not just those in the primary grocery stores.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom