Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
I'm confused.
I don't know how many he covers because he's not the only male in the flock that hes with right now. He has one hen that stays with him through thick and thin, but the head male doesn't let him breed most of the girls in the flock if he catches him. I just know that there are two flocks that intermingle consistently, and one has 4 or 5 females and 3 males and one (his) has 4 males and about 20 currently, excluding the hens setting right now

img_0772-jpeg.3507286

img_0773-jpeg.3507288

There was a third basket and a single Serama I didn't grab pics of.
Are the bottom ones red or chocolate?

I don't know how many he covers because he's not the only male in the flock that hes with right now. He has one hen that stays with him through thick and thin, but the head male doesn't let him breed most of the girls in the flock if he catches him. I just know that there are two flocks that intermingle consistently, and one has 4 or 5 females and 3 males and one (his) has 4 males and about 20 currently, excluding the hens setting right now
What I'm getting at is that you aren't running a pen of Araucana. You're running multiple breeds/mixes together. And the eggs from that flock won't be pure because you don't have that many Araucana roosters, so I'm not sure why you're concerned about fertility since you can't even be sure the Araucana male is breeding the Araucana females?

Are the bottom ones red or chocolate?
Top picture should be Reds and Blues, Blacks, and Splash Orpingtons. Bottom picture is Gold-laced/Chocolate Gold-laced Orpingtons and Araucanas. I'm not sure what the little Lavender/Splash colored bird is. I suspect an egg may have been mislabeled? I'll check egg shells when I get home. Not pictured were the Isabel Lavender-laced and the Gold-laced/Isabel Lavender-laced Orpingtons and the Recessive White Orpingtons. They aren't as white as my old line. They are a smokey silver color? So that's new for me. I was expecting yellow so I'd be able to tell them and the Isabels apart easily. I don't think any Cuckoo or Buff eggs made it, but that could be a Lavender Cuckoo chick in the bottom picture.

What I'm getting at is that you aren't running a pen of Araucana. You're running multiple breeds/mixes together. And the eggs from that flock won't be pure because you don't have that many Araucana roosters, so I'm not sure why you're concerned about fertility since you can't even be sure the Araucana male is breeding the Araucana females?
Yes. They're in a mixed pen right now since I didn't end up separating everyone out as early as I'd wanted to.

I'm just trying to figure out why specific hens are having so many empty eggs when compared to others in the same group right now which is why I was asking about trimming, since it's mainly the araucana hens and the hen I know the araucana is covering that are really high in empties.

My tufted araucana hen hung out with the araucana male too a good bit, but she's been on a nest for a few weeks now, so obviously she hasn't been laying for me to track empties.

I'm just trying to figure out why specific hens are having so many empty eggs when compared to others in the same group right now which is why I was asking about trimming, since it's mainly the araucana hens and the hen I know the araucana is covering that are really high in empties.
Some hens don't allow certain roosters to breed them if they have the option of another male. Too many males together can result in them rushing and not completing the job to get off before they get hit by another male or actually getting interrupted and not finishing.

This "Isabel Lavender-laced and the Gold-laced/Isabel Lavender-laced Orpingtons and the Recessive White Orpingtons. They are" and blue laced silver is what I would want to purchase.

Are there bantam Orpingtons? Because fluffy is growing on me, still reallydont want feathers on the feet but my space isn't infinite.

This "Isabel Lavender-laced and the Gold-laced/Isabel Lavender-laced Orpingtons and the Recessive White Orpingtons. They are" and blue laced silver is what I would want to purchase.

Are there bantam Orpingtons? Because fluffy is growing on me, still reallydont want feathers on the feet but my space isn't infinite.
There are some bamtams. Not sure how many different t options though

Back
Top Bottom