Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Did some broody egg sorting with the broody coop. Someone stuck eggs under before I moved everyone there, so I missed a bunch of new ones. I had a new Cornish join her sister in brooding the dud eggs. I'll see if she stays brooding when I move them and if they do, she'll get that new batch and Mare's araucana (the one currently on the youngest just so they had a nest for now) might get the Cornish chicks that hatch. If it works out great, if she loses 1-3, I won't be devastated since she's a new mama anyways, and then Cheese has less chicks to worry about and can concentrate on the araucana.

Colt, did you trim yours? I'm thinking that's what has absolutely decked me with the fertility in my araucana/araucana mix eggs since I wasn't planning to breed and didnt trim butts. I have 1, maybe 2 eggs developing now and have tossed about 8 that had nothing showing after weeks. Plus your namesake rooster really likes my marans and hers are failing to develop about 50% of the time too. All the mobgrel eggs are doing great so far in the clutches, it's just those two breeds I'm getting poor development on.

Did some broody egg sorting with the broody coop. Someone stuck eggs under before I moved everyone there, so I missed a bunch of new ones. I had a new Cornish join her sister in brooding the dud eggs. I'll see if she stays brooding when I move them and if they do, she'll get that new batch and Mare's araucana (the one currently on the youngest just so they had a nest for now) might get the Cornish chicks that hatch. If it works out great, if she loses 1-3, I won't be devastated since she's a new mama anyways, and then Cheese has less chicks to worry about and can concentrate on the araucana.

Colt, did you trim yours? I'm thinking that's what has absolutely decked me with the fertility in my araucana/araucana mix eggs since I wasn't planning to breed and didnt trim butts. I have 1, maybe 2 eggs developing now and have tossed about 8 that had nothing showing after weeks. Plus your namesake rooster really likes my marans and hers are failing to develop about 50% of the time too. All the mobgrel eggs are doing great so far in the clutches, it's just those two breeds I'm getting poor development on.
I know the first set of eggs (11) I set from my birds I only had 3 develope, I trimmed everyone's bum, including Klaus and the ones in this batch 12/13 have developed

Back
Top Bottom