Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
I had very poor hatches doing it your way.

I gave a lot of thought about what was happening to the yolk and air sac being in constant shift during shipping.

From that perspective, I thought maybe I can reform it's shape but it required the heat of the the incubator to help liquefy the content while the egg is set in the right position with the help of the egg carton. Hence why I gave it 3 day to reform and settle into the right position. And it actually worked.
Who's way?

Yes, she had 5 eggs in a forced air incubator, and added colts eggs to those. The first 5 were due to hatch last Sunday, she rigged up a tote with a wet towel and heat lamp and put those 5 in there for lockdown. Temp and humidity were all over the place so she bought a still air Styrofoam incubator, moved them to that (they all died except 1) then she moved all colts eggs to the Styrofoam incubator (why, idk) 3 days later she had quitters. Out of my 9 fertile eggs they were all going strong on Saturday. I'll give an update tonight
Yikes
Do any of you let eggs rest before incubating when you get shipping eggs? I have some coming from Moony tomorrow but I've never hatched shipped eggs lol
I put mine in right away, but had them on their sides for a day, qnd then carefully moved them upright for about a week

Who's way?
He was referring to Moony’s way, I believe.
Yeah. When I candle, I see what day I'm on
Are you on Day 8 or Day 9 with yours?
Yikes

I put mine in right away, but had them on their sides for a day, qnd then carefully moved them upright for about a week
That’s kinda like what I did with mine too except I let them sit/settle for 12+ hrs and then put them in the incubator with round ends upright so that all the eggs with saddled air cells would gradually move into their correct position on the round side of the eggs.
A raccoon hide?
🤬 raccoons. I have no mercy for them.

Back
Top Bottom