Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
I've hatched quite a bit of shipped eggs and through using different techniques each time.

So far my best hatch have been once arrived I place them in a egg carton and leave them in the incubator undisturbed for 3 days. Then remove them from the egg carton, laying them on there sides and start there rotation.
Anything you tried that seemed to result in very poor hatches?
I've never had a lot of luck with shipped eggs but I've only tried a few times.
I always set them in cartons for 24 hours then placed in incubator and started turning them the next day.

Do any of you let eggs rest before incubating when you get shipping eggs? I have some coming from Moony tomorrow but I've never hatched shipped eggs lol
Anything you tried that seemed to result in very poor hatches?
I've never had a lot of luck with shipped eggs but I've only tried a few times.
I always set them in cartons for 24 hours then placed in incubator and started turning them the next day.
Please let us know what Moony’s packing job looks like so we can learn lol :bow

I had very poor hatches doing it your way.

I gave a lot of thought about what was happening to the yolk and air sac being in constant shift during shipping.

From that perspective, I thought maybe I can reform it's shape but it required the heat of the the incubator to help liquefy the content while the egg is set in the right position with the help of the egg carton. Hence why I gave it 3 day to reform and settle into the right position. And it actually worked.

Back
Top Bottom