Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
I guess the quitters are due to shipping? I rarely have them quit unless it is really early and it's just a blood ring. I suppose I should be happy the packing job meant you all got your eggs in one piece. I can't magic the insides to be perfect for babies. I hope everyone is pleased with the chicks they do get, though.

I guess the quitters are due to shipping? I rarely have them quit unless it is really early and it's just a blood ring. I suppose I should be happy the packing job meant you all got your eggs in one piece. I can't magic the insides to be perfect for babies. I hope everyone is pleased with the chicks they do get, though.
I don't think it's that, she was incubator juggling, personally I think it's her.

I don't think I've had any quitters other than early rings. I'll check tonight likely to double check

Like switching eggs to other incubators often?
Yes, she had 5 eggs in a forced air incubator, and added colts eggs to those. The first 5 were due to hatch last Sunday, she rigged up a tote with a wet towel and heat lamp and put those 5 in there for lockdown. Temp and humidity were all over the place so she bought a still air Styrofoam incubator, moved them to that (they all died except 1) then she moved all colts eggs to the Styrofoam incubator (why, idk) 3 days later she had quitters. Out of my 9 fertile eggs they were all going strong on Saturday. I'll give an update tonight

Yes, she had 5 eggs in a forced air incubator, and added colts eggs to those. The first 5 were due to hatch last Sunday, she rigged up a tote with a wet towel and heat lamp and put those 5 in there for lockdown. Temp and humidity were all over the place so she bought a still air Styrofoam incubator, moved them to that (they all died except 1) then she moved all colts eggs to the Styrofoam incubator (why, idk) 3 days later she had quitters.
hot-mess-express-decemberandco.gif

Back
Top Bottom