Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Cornish control egg.
20230430_205601.jpg

I only checked two araucana, 1 didn't look like it had life, and I saw veins in the other, but they didn't look as developed yet as they should be. Didn't check the rest because I already had had the incubator open for a bit.

Do yall think it's safe to put them on their sides now and turn? The air sacs are still incredibly wobbly, but they need to start being turned, don't they?

Nope. They're too tall I think. Rats, I thought it would have been adorable
We use a ton of plastic jars for pickles and jalapeños at work and I thought they'd have made adorable nest boxes.
They aren't that small. Mine didn't like the kitty litter bucket I gave them. They preferred to use the milk crates like a big girl.
Cornish control egg.
View attachment 3488709
I only checked two araucana, 1 didn't look like it had life, and I saw veins in the other, but they didn't look as developed yet as they should be. Didn't check the rest because I already had had the incubator open for a bit.

Do yall think it's safe to put them on their sides now and turn? The air sacs are still incredibly wobbly, but they need to start being turned, don't they?
Boo. I thought it might be an Araucana. Do you know how many times I've hatched babies without turning at all? And how many have hatched in the incubator while actively turning? lol

I wouldn't put them on their sides or turn them until the air sac has firmed up.

They aren't that small. Mine didn't like the kitty litter bucket I gave them. They preferred to use the milk crates like a big girl.
I've only seen one male in person, and he was called too large for show, so I wasn't sure. The jars I have are like 6 inches wide once you get past the neck, so I wasn't too sure.
Boo. I thought it might be an Araucana. Do you know how many times I've hatched babies without turning at all? And how many have hatched in the incubator while actively turning? lol
I will post images of your eggs as soon as I see definite living ones, I promise. The slow developing one I just couldn't tell if it was alive it had died since I couldn't find a heart, just a tiny vein.
I wouldn't put them on their sides or turn them until the air sac has firmed up.
Okay, so they shouldn't die from being upright and not turned? I've been hand turning the 4 Cornish controls once or twice a day, but they don't have any issues with the airsacs. The two araucanas I candled were still super loose when I took then out to candle, and I was barely shifting the egg around.

Last edited:
And if the sacs are still loose after the first week? They were put in the incubator Wednesday night and moved upright Thursday afternoon.
The developing embryo and network of blood vessels will stabilize the liquid portion of the egg, thereby holding the air cell in place for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom