Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

I'll get pics. Half my clutch grew up with bad beaks that looks like they had a dodgeball chucked at their mouth.
So crappy genetics. And Silkies. Gross. lol
I'm sorry but that is too funny🤣 Why? Is that a silkie thing?
No, it’s an inbred thing. Lol
Oh, Colt, what colors are your araucanas? I know you said the barred didn't have any eggs in the batch you sent, but I can't remember the other color you have
Mostly black with various amounts of gold leakage. It’s possible the cuckoo male was breeding but I doubt it. He’s about a third of the size of the larger male. I’ve produced cuckoo, wheaten, salmon, and red babies in addition to the black.

Here’s the hostas I’m sending to @ColtHandorf:
92DA2C7E-2B3B-4D5E-A41F-AF2A4DCF4390.jpeg

FC94C84E-6CD1-4EE2-9DE0-7DCD42A9A5A3.jpeg
5423223E-30F5-4832-ABC8-8681AB65C054.jpeg

C4B764F7-7C18-4665-9E98-71C896AD7ECA.jpeg

So crappy genetics. And Silkies. Gross. lol

No, it’s an inbred thing. Lol

Mostly black with various amounts of gold leakage. It’s possible the cuckoo male was breeding but I doubt it. He’s about a third of the size of the larger male. I’ve produced cuckoo, wheaten, salmon, and red babies in addition to the black.
Oh awesome. My current tufted male is black with gold, and I'm just not a fan of his personality. He's a bully in the bachelor pen and I worry he wouldn't be much better with only ladies.

Oh awesome. My current tufted male is black with gold, and I'm just not a fan of his personality. He's a bully in the bachelor pen and I worry he wouldn't be much better with only ladies.
Mine are both well-behaved.
Candled 6 of the eggs before humidity went too low. 1 looked okayish (I couldn't find the air sac, but it didn't dhow rupture bubbles either), but the other 5 were very saddled. I'm thinking that the rest will be similar
Ughhhh. That's annoying. Hopefully, you get a decent hatch rate out of them.

Mine are both well-behaved.
That's good. Mine isn't human aggressive, he just is a bully to the other males, and so far my bullies in the bachelor pen tend to also be rough breeders in my experience. Especially if I have One Leg in the pen I wanted her in, I can't have a rough breeder.
Ughhhh. That's annoying. Hopefully, you get a decent hatch rate out of them.
I'll check the others tonight after dark, I don't have the turner going for now to give them a bit of time to stabilize, plus apparently I need to move them upright, so I'll be messing woth them anyways

Jaws, I just ran the assumed mix Araucana pullet through the calculator. If her father was the Cuckoo double tufted male and he bred a Chocolate Orpington bantam, then she's split Chocolate. So if I can sort out egg color there might be some Chocolate/Chocolate Cuckoo ones down the line.

Jaws, I just ran the assumed mix Araucana pullet through the calculator. If her father was the Cuckoo double tufted male and he bred a Chocolate Orpington bantam, then she's split Chocolate. So if I can sort out egg color there might be some Chocolate/Chocolate Cuckoo ones down the line.
And I will be your first customer when/if that succeeds

Back
Top Bottom