Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Lot's of new things. Nothing too exciting. I lost several of my roosters during the summer heat here so I'm growing up some replacements now. I can't breed any of the Orps actually. They are all too young.
Ah, I’m sorry to hear about your roosters. I’m still hoping to get some chicks from you this spring. Around what month do your orps generally start their laying season?

Ah, I’m sorry to hear about your roosters. I’m still hoping to get some chicks from you this spring. Around what month do your orps generally start their laying season?
Usually, they lay on and off throughout the year. They are all molting now, so pretty much everyone has stopped. Texas weather is so weird, so it's hard to nail down an exact date for them.

Usually, they lay on and off throughout the year. They are all molting now, so pretty much everyone has stopped. Texas weather is so weird, so it's hard to nail down an exact date for them.
I hope you’ll have chicks available this spring, otherwise I guess I’ll have to wait until they are ready. Lol I really want a few of your buff, slo, and white.

So I know he’s not an accepted coloring, but what do you all think of Nohope’s type for 6.5 months old?

Attachments

• 5E909A0D-94AF-497A-937F-391B0A046F9E.jpeg
    5E909A0D-94AF-497A-937F-391B0A046F9E.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 7
  • AF34F005-DE08-4307-999D-417777CB86DC.jpeg
    AF34F005-DE08-4307-999D-417777CB86DC.jpeg
    818.2 KB · Views: 5
  • C6B5E017-18AA-42A3-8A4C-0C0B7B1A3CB1.jpeg
    C6B5E017-18AA-42A3-8A4C-0C0B7B1A3CB1.jpeg
    719.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 27FA2CED-37E1-4A2E-9493-9ADF7C1A72F4.jpeg
    27FA2CED-37E1-4A2E-9493-9ADF7C1A72F4.jpeg
    858 KB · Views: 6
Any thoughts on how your Buff Orpingtons would show? I have a lot of Blacks winning in my area.
Mine are English-type, so probably not well against APA-type Orpingtons in an APA-sanctioned show. They would only be able to show in the AOV class and not advance from there.
What color Calls do you have?
I have some mixed colors, Blue-bibbed (pet quality), and Fawn and Butterscotch. I might be remembering wrong on the Fawn. I'll have to double-check honestly. They haven't bred yet, so I haven't had to think about it.
So I know he’s not an accepted coloring, but what do you all think of Nohope’s type for 6.5 months old?
Is he Lavender Cuckoo? He doesn't have great type honestly. It's possible that he will fill out more by the time he's 18 months. I wouldn't use him for breeding. But that's just me.

Mine are English-type, so probably not well against APA-type Orpingtons in an APA-sanctioned show. They would only be able to show in the AOV class and not advance from there.

I have some mixed colors, Blue-bibbed (pet quality), and Fawn and Butterscotch. I might be remembering wrong on the Fawn. I'll have to double-check honestly. They haven't bred yet, so I haven't had to think about it.

Is he Lavender Cuckoo? He doesn't have great type honestly. It's possible that he will fill out more by the time he's 18 months. I wouldn't use him for breeding. But that's just me.
He is Lav Cuckoo, he’s only 6 months old so I was just curious given your eye and experience! He’s a huge baby and a lot better looking than my last LO rooster but I had a feeling he still may not be up to quality standards. Thanks a lot for your thoughts!

Honestly, it's hard to make a decision until they are older. He just seems really leggy. I'm not a fan of his tail or his comb.
Yeah, I can wait...I am keeping him regardless just contemplating breeding if he looks good enough. He's a really nice bird temperament wise. Thanks again for your thoughts, I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom