Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

I would say hopefully me but I really need to stop hatching this season 😅
They are three weeks old. I doubt I'll get any eggs from them this year unless they start in the winter.
Me Me Me GIF by Your Happy Workplace
You'll have to get a signed permission slip from your parents. lol

But I meant @Faraday40 so she can have a whole herd of Cookie Monsters since she lost her Cookie.

But I meant @Faraday40 so she can have a whole herd of Cookie Monsters since she lost her Cookie.
I was looking at bantam Cochins (same fluffy shape and personality, many color choices, but prefer featherless shanks/feet), bantam Wyandottes (similar, no feathered feet to deal with, but not quite as fluffy) and even hatchery bantam orps (but they lacked the extra fluff of the English bloodlines). I almost got some Penciled rocks. A wonderful breed with both beauty and dedicated broodiness. Can easily live with the main flock. My only concern is that I may not be able to identify the PR eggs from the orp eggs.

I decided it's got to be bantam orps from English bloodlines for me. Love the fluff & shape, broodiness, and lack of feathered feet. Why settle for less? I'd rather wait and find the right one. I have silkies and seramas that will temporarily fill the void.

It's what I'm doing with my white orpingtons. Not a fan so far unfortunately. They're ridiculously skittish, can't even move towards them without hearing them smash into a wall
Where did you get them? Are they English? They sound like American trash...
tumblr_1167375f7853c52883b9fd135edf43f5_bb3cce9e_400.gif

I love my bantam OEGB. I would love some bantam Orpingtons. Once you start shipping I’m going to for sure buy from you.
Okie Dokie. :) I'll require a signed permission slip from you too. lol
I decided it's got to be bantam orps from English bloodlines for me. Love the fluff & shape, broodiness, and lack of feathered feet. Why settle for less? I'd rather wait and find the right one. I have silkies and seramas that will temporarily fill the void.
For sure. When I get pictures of the parents I'll share them.
I don't know how you find all these birds, lol. There is nothing but barnyard mixes on craigslist near me, smdh...
sarcastic dan levy GIF by CBC

Seriously, I make all the right connections. I schmooze and stroke egos and hold hands at all the events with breeders. It always helps when someone knows you and decides you need something when someone they know is getting rid of them. Which is how this happened. lol

Murray McMurray. That's not their home, I just needed them to stay still so I could get a picture. I ended up with 2 pairs
Not English and hatchery stock to boot. That's probably the issue. Mine are like little underfoot marshmallows. I love them. I mean the hens are straight up pests. I have to shoo them every time I go in and out of their pen. The babies are a little sketch until they are three or four months old and then they don't run to get away. By the time they are laying they are just as annoying as their mothers. lol

Back
Top Bottom