Embryo on TOP of egg?

beneduck14

Songster
Feb 20, 2015
Cattlet, VA
So I recently got shipped chicken eggs and put them inside a circulated incubator (without a turner) and the left overs inside another incubator but with a turner and still-air. I found that some eggs more in the incubator with the turner had embryos (day 4) that were halfway into the air sack. You can see the veining and everything except for the heart which was hidden by the air sack. Is this common and will they be alright?

So I recently got shipped chicken eggs and put them inside a circulated incubator (without a turner) and the left overs inside another incubator but with a turner and still-air. I found that some eggs more in the incubator with the turner had embryos (day 4) that were halfway into the air sack. You can see the veining and everything except for the heart which was hidden by the air sack. Is this common and will they be alright?
It is more likely due to the way the eggs are set. Eggs that are set up in a turner will look different from eggs on their side as they develop. They both hatch fine though.

It is more likely due to the way the eggs are set. Eggs that are set up in a turner will look different from eggs on their side as they develop. They both hatch fine though.

Ohhh that makes so much sense! I have never used a turner so I freaked out when I first saw this happening. Thanks!

Ohhh that makes so much sense! I have never used a turner so I freaked out when I first saw this happening. Thanks!
UofA Blue Candling.jpg

This is one that was set big end up in a turner and candled from the bottom

Oh wow. One of the reasons I love this site is because I learn something new every once in a while. All 6 of my eggs in the turner look like that and they have major cracks in them that I have scotch taped. Glad they are all some how developing!
Try painting some clear finger nail polish on the cracks over the tape. It will not kill them and will help keep bacteria out and moisture in.
:fl I hope they hatch for you!

Back
Top Bottom