Elector PSP - advice welcome!

Motherhen518

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2022
Hey everyone!

The weather is just beginning to warm up here and the time has come to do a complete clean out and scrub down on all of my coops and brooders.

We are currently dealing with lice here, I am looking at Elector PSP on the valleyvet website and want to be 110% sure that I'm about to order the correct product! This is what I want right?

If so:

If I apply this to all surfaces and crevices in my coops and brooders plus all of the birds in them do I need to reapply in a week? I've seen different input on this but want to be certain to eliminate these little buggers.

How long will this treatment remain active for? I've heard it remains active for a full year but I am skeptical on that.

I also have permethrin at home that I had previously bought but after seeing much better things said about elector PSP I had decided not to use it however I wondered if the permethrin can be used in any way as a preventative to avoid future infestations once I've eliminated this one. And if so how would I go about doing that? If not no worries and what would be a better alternative as a preventative?
Screenshot_20220322-093459_Chrome.jpg

I also have permethrin at home that I had previously bought but after seeing much better things said about elector PSP I had decided not to use it however I wondered if the permethrin can be used in any way as a preventative to avoid future infestations once I've eliminated this one.
Can't prevent what you don't have.

Permethrin was VERY effective to get rid of lice and mites here at my place.

I would use the permethrin since already having it on hand.. only thing is be sure to follow up treatment according to directions.. at least the second time. A third follow through was never required here.

That PSP is the correct one.

FWIW.. winter is high parasite time in my area regarding northern fowl mite and especially lice. Fleas, flies, and mosquitoes do increase with the warm weather for us.. but chicken parasites are at that worst in winter here.

Hey everyone!

The weather is just beginning to warm up here and the time has come to do a complete clean out and scrub down on all of my coops and brooders.

We are currently dealing with lice here, I am looking at Elector PSP on the valleyvet website and want to be 110% sure that I'm about to order the correct product! This is what I want right?

If so:

If I apply this to all surfaces and crevices in my coops and brooders plus all of the birds in them do I need to reapply in a week? I've seen different input on this but want to be certain to eliminate these little buggers.

How long will this treatment remain active for? I've heard it remains active for a full year but I am skeptical on that.

I also have permethrin at home that I had previously bought but after seeing much better things said about elector PSP I had decided not to use it however I wondered if the permethrin can be used in any way as a preventative to avoid future infestations once I've eliminated this one. And if so how would I go about doing that? If not no worries and what would be a better alternative as a preventative?View attachment 3033366
I saved a screenshot of this on my computer a while back so if I ever needed any I wouldn't forget the name . It's got excellent reviews but I've never needed it myself sorry.

Thank you all! I very well may just try my permethrin first and if that doesn't eliminate the issue I'll try the elector PSP.

Elector experts!!!

I fought my first northern fowl mite battle 6wks ago with elector psp. The polish didn’t have any critters I could see, the large heritage gals had a few and the fluffy faverolles were infested. They got the most thorough spraying and a repeat 2 wks later. Everyone just got the vent area. I noticed there are bald spots on those birds where I sprayed-top of head, in the muff and possibly related during spring health check the vet remarked their abdomens seemed enlarged.

Are there side effects-known reactions to elector???

Elector experts!!!

I fought my first northern fowl mite battle 6wks ago with elector psp. The polish didn’t have any critters I could see, the large heritage gals had a few and the fluffy faverolles were infested. They got the most thorough spraying and a repeat 2 wks later. Everyone just got the vent area. I noticed there are bald spots on those birds where I sprayed-top of head, in the muff and possibly related during spring health check the vet remarked their abdomens seemed enlarged.

I think the fluid in abdomen is a symptom of the mite infestation (anemia) not a side effect of elector. I have noticed it in my hens that got heavily infested (before treatment)

Elector experts!!!

I think the enlarged abdomen is an effect of the mite infestation not the Elector. It has been seen in my heavily infested hens before treatment

Back
Top Bottom