Eggs sweating in incubator

aalbury

Songster
10 Years
Nov 5, 2009
GA
Two out of 10 eggs in my incubator are sweating. They are at 20 days. Humidity is at 65%, temp 100F. Is that normal? Why only the 2 of them? Is this "weeping"? Do they need to be removed? They were both good at day 14 candling....

Last edited:
Color? One is green and one is brown...No difference except that they're kind of wet, no odor, and no yolk....The green was very difficult to see through during candling, but I was able to make out a lot of veins, and thought it looked good, but this is my first hatch! I've only ever bought already hatched chicks and chickens....

PS - Thank you!

Last edited:
I think HappyMtn meant is there any color to the moisture that is weeping on the eggs.
wink.png

Unfortunately sweating eggs are a sign of bacterial infection and embryo death. If there are no signs of cracks or pips in the shell to explain regular fluids escaping, I would recommend removing the eggs asap. You have to protect the other eggs that are healthy, as the fluid will spread bacteria infection to good eggs, and destroy the embryos there as well.

Back
Top Bottom