Egg Selling Laws in Jersey

What is happening to this world!

How can it be a crime to sell a few chicken eggs? Its all about money. Bet you have to pay money to various people in the process of getting the permit.

Cant you just 'give them away' for a 'minimum voluntary donation'.

I can understand shops and supermarkets having to source eggs from prober businesses, but surely one person selling a few eggs privately does not need all that paperwork.
Selling anything in Jersey is a crime and there are a lot of wacked out laws that constantly contradict themselves but as I was told by someone in the legal field (that agrees) for every loop in Jersey that they want you to hurdle there is also a loop hole. You aren't even supposed to have a yard sale in Jersey without registering and paying a fee. Jersey is ridiculous and most of the workers are incompetent so....lol

I don't know about selling eggs, but you might try calling the county ag dept. I called mine to find out if we could even have chickens (I have less than 5 acres so technically we don't qualify for "right to farm" so I am not supposed to have any "livestock"). She said, get the chickens and just don't piss off your neighbors. Always good advice, I suppose. Bump...
I know in my county you can have up to six chickens in yard but no roosters in NJ in Atlantic county. But I believe each town has its own ordinances as well

Back
Top Bottom