EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Ohhhh...HP+Dracula...*swoon*

I'm trying to venture into the world of historical-as-everyday-wear. I bought a whole bunch of patterns, split between 40s and 50s. But I don't trust my sewing skills yet! I also want to get my hair cut in a middy, but I am scared of having to style every day. :oops: Another thing holding me back is that I want to have long hair when I am an old lady, lol,and wear it in a bun. There is a woman at my church who is elderly and wears her long hair wrapped in a very old-fashioned bun, and she is my old-lady idol, haha. But my hair no longer grows well due to health problems and I am afraid of I cut it now (mid 30s) it won't grow back in time for when I am an old lady! :lau
50s women still had long hair, though fashion was to cut it short! A lot of them would put it in a chignon or french twist if it was long! That's what I do when I'm too lazy to do a full curl set. Other options were to perm your hair in your set so you didn't have to curl every day but that's a little extreme lol. If you're nervous about jumping into vintage what I started with was wearing modern clothes with vintage hair and makeup, and slowly transitioning to vintage clothes. As for sewing, I'm not great at it but I'd suggest beginning with a Simplicity pattern since they're a lot more forgiving!

I’m not hungry, so I’m just going to have an oatmeal raisin bar.
13997284-B246-45CB-BF53-A7DB3A3F4B14.jpeg

I figured you’d be at the lake. It’s the safest place to be.

I came home and stayed.

I feel safe at both places, but home houses much further apart. Friends that have been to both houses laugh that, well one, I needed a get away place, and two, my get away place is closer to crowded areas than my home. I hope I explained that correctly.

Oh, and one more thing for full disclosure. I received a text this morning asking how Deb and I were doing and to tell Deb happy birthday from her and husband. I replied Deb's at the house and I'm at the lake. So maybe the whole birthday thing played a part. Although, I kind of wished I stayed and did some fishing. The lake is pretty high right now, almost four feet above the summer pool.

Hello from the Corona stroked Israel.
To boost your immune system for better response to the virus I recommend to take every day:
1000mg of Vitamin C tablet.
1 Zinc tablet
And 2 tesp of nutritional yeast- rich with B vitamin complex.
All of them extremely important for the immune system activity.
I'm immune compromised..I take a vitamin for my age group, plus...Echinacea Blend!

I'm at it again ..with all that is going on. I will have chickens again. I bought some chicks...there was a line! I stayed back until they got the line down. There were plenty of chicks. I also bought a Bator. I haven't hatched chicks for 2 years! Not sure about this air Bator..will see.
IMG_20200321_085805.jpg
IMG_20200321_093324.jpg

I'm at it again ..with all that is going on. I will have chickens again. I bought some chicks...there was a line! I stayed back until they got the line down. There were plenty of chicks. I also bought a Bator. I haven't hatched chicks for 2 years! Not sure about this air Bator..will see. View attachment 2060588View attachment 2060589

Awesome! I haven't hatched for a few years, just let hens handle it. It's time to wind the hobby farm down, didn't do any goat breedings. I just want to live on water, maybe in South Carolina, maybe the ocean, maybe here.

Back
Top Bottom